Where has the OS/2 API function DosSetFileMode gone??

Where has the OS/2 API function DosSetFileMode gone??

Post by David McNama » Fri, 03 Mar 1995 08:15:33

Hi,

In the OS/2 toolkits V1.2 and V1.3 there used to be two OS/2 API functions which
do not appear in the V2.0 and V2.1 toolkits.  The functions were DosSetFileMode
and DosQueryFileMode (used for setting and querying the standard attributes of
files).

Does anyone know what happend to them, and more importantly, what they have
been replaced with.  I've spent 2 days reloading old versions of toolkit INF files
trying to find out where they are.

Any help/info would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
David McNamara               8-)

Where has the OS/2 API function DosSetFileMode gone??

Post by Michael DeMercha » Sat, 04 Mar 1995 06:27:26

Quote:>Hi,

>In the OS/2 toolkits V1.2 and V1.3 there used to be two OS/2 API functions which
>do not appear in the V2.0 and V2.1 toolkits.  The functions were DosSetFileMode
>and DosQueryFileMode (used for setting and querying the standard attributes of
>files).

>Does anyone know what happend to them, and more importantly, what they have
>been replaced with.  I've spent 2 days reloading old versions of toolkit INF files
>trying to find out where they are.

>Any help/info would be most appreciated.

>Thanks,
>David McNamara               8-)

Try DosQueryFileInfo and DosSetFileInfo if you have the file open (ie. you have
a handle).  Use DosQueryPathInfo and DosSetPathInfo if the file isn't open or
you want to set the attributes for a directory.

Michael DeMerchant - .sig still under development

1. Kdb API functions under OS/2?

Hi All,

Does anyone on this group have any familiarity with programming the
Kbd console API functions under OS/2? I have been working on the code in
our MGL graphics library to interface to the mouse and keyboard via the
Kbd and Mou API functions. I have most of the code written but I do have
some questions:

 1. How can I get keyup, keydown and keyrepeat events from the
    KbdCharIn function? So far it looks like all I can get are
    keydown events, but our API also supports keyup events (I can
    probably fake the keydown events).

 2. Is it possible to run the keyboard in 'raw' mode, which would
    allow me to see the scancodes coming in from the keyboard
    directly, which would allow us to handle keyup/keydown/keyrepeat
    easily? This would of course require us to do ASCII code translations
    on the incoming scancodes.

 3. Do you need to use MouOpen() to open up the mouse device? I have
    tried using 0 as the mouse handle, but I am not getting any mouse
    messages (or do I need to call MouSetEventMask to anble events for
    the mouse?).

 4. How can I tell the Mou modules that the system is now running in a
    graphics mode and not a text mode? We are not changing display modes
    via the Vio functions, but rather via our BIOS interface functions
    (via VIDEOPMI) or via our NoBIOS Nucleus drivers. Should I use Vio to
    put the system into say 320x200 VGA mode first or something?

 5. How do I tell the mouse driver what resolution I am running in, so
    that it will return coordinates scaled to the correct resolution for
    the screen? I have not found an API call that does this for me yet.

BTW, the MGL is running nicely under fullscreen OS/2 sessions, and it can
run using the Standard VGA BIOS or the VBE 1.2 or 2.0 BIOS (including
linear modes!). So far the keyboard handling is working OK, but I need to
figure out the keyup/keyrepeat stuff. The mouse stuff is not working at
all at the moment...

Regards,

|      SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!         |
| Kendall Bennett          | To reply via email, remove nospam from    |
| Director of Engineering  | the reply to email address. Do NOT send   |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | unsolicited commercial email!             |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com                |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com         |

2. What is lost in Thera since it is not a Phone Edition?

3. Description of OS/2 PM API functions?

4. PSPCs: CF cards not useful for storing frequently-used files :-(

5. OS/2 API Function

6. Ambitious Emulation Project

7. Using OS/2 API vs. C++ functions?

8. Outlook Express 6 Incorrect Time Stamp

9. OS/2 Rexx API - max time length of function calls ?

10. Happy New Year and OS/2 API (Functions, called from DOSCALLS.DLL)

11. bogo no go, has mogo on the go-go-go

12. HELP wanted on API functions (converting)

13. Stack requirements of API functions