WEB/FTP: IMPORTANT: Hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime

WEB/FTP: IMPORTANT: Hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime

Post by Joshua Shag » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Due to problems with AIX (the operating system HOBBES runs), we are going to
have to take the archive offline for a while. Hence, we are going to have some
scheduled downtime, tentatively starting on Friday, April 4, 1997 at an
unspecified time (assume it's after 6:00 AM, Mountain Standard Time), and
ending sometime the following Monday. During this time, HOBBES will be
completely inaccessible, and you will have to use one of our mirror sites
(listed on the homepage). This downtime is necessary in order to increase the
available file space, as well as migrating the multimedia directory. Thank you
for understanding.

The HOBBES homepage is at http://hobbes.nmsu.edu.

Joshua Shagam

Post by Colin L. Hilding » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:Shagam) writes:

--
:>Due to problems with AIX (the operating system HOBBES runs), we are going to
:>have to take the archive offline for a while. Hence, we are going to have some
:>scheduled downtime, tentatively starting on Friday, April 4, 1997 at an
:>unspecified time (assume it's after 6:00 AM, Mountain Standard Time), and
:>ending sometime the following Monday. During this time, HOBBES will be
:>completely inaccessible, and you will have to use one of our mirror sites
:>(listed on the homepage). This downtime is necessary in order to increase the
:>available file space, as well as migrating the multimedia directory. Thank you
:>for understanding.
:>
:>The HOBBES homepage is at http://www.veryComputer.com/.

I would like to encourage anyone who can to take the time to make sure that
hobbes.nmsu.edu is not the only source for OS/2 shareware, drivers, demos,
etc.  Make sure that your product is not only on hobbes.nmsu.edu, but on:

ftp.cdrom.com/os2 (USA)

and

ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/os2 (EUROPE)

This will help to make sure that people are able to find OS/2 software, even
if hobbes goes down.  Also, the cdrom.com site is the home of the Walnut Creek
Hobbes CDROM, so if you don't get your files there, they won't make it to the
CDROM.

Now, if you can't find something one place, but do another, make sure to take
a few minutes to upload it to the site it was not on.

Colin L. Hildinger

The Ultimate OS/2 * Page
http://www.veryComputer.com/~colin/games.html

http://www.veryComputer.com/~colin/awe32.html

1. FTP/WEB: **IMPORTANT** hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime

Okay, just to warn everyone:

hobbes.nmsu.edu will be down from Friday, 4/4/97 at 8:30 AM MST to sometime on
Monday, 4/7/97, for a major hardware upgrade (sorta).  Any transfers active
when the system goes down *will* be cut off.  Please use one of the mirror
sites (listed on the HOBBES homepage) this weekend.

As a result of this downtime we will have 4 gigabytes of storage space, rather
than 2, and will be able to upgrade the system to as much as 8 gigs total on a
single filesystem.  (Currently the archive is limited to 2 gigs on a
partition.)

--
Joshua Shagam, Hobbes OS/2 Archive Maintainer

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu

2. Win98 Winsock Version?

3. OS/2 Archives (was: Hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime)

4. CANON 4200 - Need print head or almost free

5. annonymous ftp from hobbes.nmsu.edu

6. Converting .bmp files to .pict

7. WWW indexes to ftp.cdrom.com and hobbes.nmsu.edu

8. Signal Processing Jobs Web Site

9. ftp hobbes.nmsu.edu

10. WWW indexes to ftp.cdrom.com and hobbes.nmsu.edu

11. Below Zero Catalogue on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu (hobbes)

12. hobbes.nmsu.edu no longer being maintained?