Lotus Smart Suite 4.0 for Win 3.1: Is it good for OS/2?

Lotus Smart Suite 4.0 for Win 3.1: Is it good for OS/2?

Post by Mike Friedm » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:Hiroi) writes:

:>
:>I am thinking about buying Lotus SmartSuite 4.0 for Win 3.1 for use under
:>OS/2 Warp.  I am wondering if they are well behaving under OS/2 Warp or
:>not.  I don't see anybody around me using that product even under Windows.
:>Lotus says the minimum installation would take 50 MB or so, so the programs
:>should take more under a typical installation.
:>
:>I hear about many problems of the OS/2 version like being slow, etc. and
:>also about MS Word, Excel problems under OS/2.  MS Office is an alternative
:>I am thinking, but I can't hope any OS/2 native version from them in the
:>near future, I guess.
:>

The OS/2 version of SmartSuite 4.0 is not out yet, but they are promising a
1995 delivery (I think). My experience with OS/2 SmartSuite 2.0 was mixed.
Mostly I liked the programs, but there were problems, some of which were also
true of the Windows 3.1 version.

My experiences with Lotus' technical support were very good, however. And MS
Office is piggy and stinks no matter where you install it.

MIKE

"The human mind is like pinata. When you break
it open, you see that there are lots of surprises
inside. Once you get the pinata perspective, losing
your mind becomes a peak experience." --Trudy ("The
Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in The Universe")

Mike Friedman, San Francisco, CA, USA.

Lotus Smart Suite 4.0 for Win 3.1: Is it good for OS/2?

Post by Kris Kwil » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>The OS/2 version of SmartSuite 4.0 is not out yet, but they are promising a
>1995 delivery (I think).

No, it's shifted till next year. I don't know what the latest estimate on the
exact quarter of release has been mentioned recently.

Kris

Lotus Smart Suite 4.0 for Win 3.1: Is it good for OS/2?

Post by Jiangang Li » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I called Lotus several days ago.  The person said that all programs for os2 will
ship 1st quarter of 96.

J.G. Liao

: >The OS/2 version of SmartSuite 4.0 is not out yet, but they are promising a
: >1995 delivery (I think).

: No, it's shifted till next year. I don't know what the latest estimate on the
: exact quarter of release has been mentioned recently.

: Kris

1. Lotus Smart Suite 4.0 for Win 3.1: Is it good for OS/2?

I am thinking about buying Lotus SmartSuite 4.0 for Win 3.1 for use under
OS/2 Warp.  I am wondering if they are well behaving under OS/2 Warp or
not.  I don't see anybody around me using that product even under Windows.
Lotus says the minimum installation would take 50 MB or so, so the programs
should take more under a typical installation.

I hear about many problems of the OS/2 version like being slow, etc. and
also about MS Word, Excel problems under OS/2.  MS Office is an alternative
I am thinking, but I can't hope any OS/2 native version from them in the
near future, I guess.

2. how to sync a web page to a pocket pc?

3. MS Office vs Smart Suite(win) vs Smart Suite(os/2) QUESTIONS

4. drop down menu

5. Reading General Purpose I/O register for PCI 2050 bridge

6. Lotus Smart Suite for OS/2

7. Disable Enter Key HELP!!!

8. Lotus Smart Suite for OS/2 -- another 8 weeks????

9. Firm-wide use of Lotus Smart Suite os/2?

10. Lotus Smart Suite on OS/2 Warp 4 J, how?

11. IE 4.0 for Win 3.1 on Warp 4.0 ?