TOSHIBA 6x CDROM Not working right

Post by Isaac Jing Herng Leu » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Okay, here's my system:
P120 on ASUS Tp4n, 32MB RAM
1.6 W.D. on Primary IDE (on motherboard)
6x TOSHIBA CD-ROM on Secondary IDE (on motherboard)

I let Warp 4 install it's own ATAPI drivers. (With Warp 3, I installed the
drivers that came with the CD-ROM).
CD-ROM is set up as a Master drive (also tried setting it as a Slave
drive)

Either time, Warp3 or Warp4, the CD-ROM flakes out when reading VideoCD
CD-ROMS.
I can look at a directory, I can change directories, but it just cannot
copy,read or otherwise access any files (most of which are just plain
MPEG files).

I have Win95 on the same system (yes, blasphemy, I know), but it has no
problems accessing the same VideoCD's.

And yes, I got the new pack of drivers (IBM1s506.ADD, IBMDASD, etc....)
and installed those. No effect.

Can anyone help me out here? Is this a hardware problem or
software(driver) problem?

Thanks,
Isaac

Post by Jack Bowli » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

:>Okay, here's my system:
:>P120 on ASUS Tp4n, 32MB RAM
:>1.6 W.D. on Primary IDE (on motherboard)
:>6x TOSHIBA CD-ROM on Secondary IDE (on motherboard)
:>
:>I let Warp 4 install it's own ATAPI drivers. (With Warp 3, I installed the
:>drivers that came with the CD-ROM).
:>CD-ROM is set up as a Master drive (also tried setting it as a Slave
:>drive)
:>I have Win95 on the same system (yes, blasphemy, I know), but it has no
:>problems accessing the same VideoCD's.
:>
:>And yes, I got the new pack of drivers (IBM1s506.ADD, IBMDASD, etc....)
:>and installed those. No effect.
:>
:>Can anyone help me out here? Is this a hardware problem or
:>software(driver) problem?

Just another data point. I have the SCSI version of this particular drive
and it works flawlessly on Warp3 at FP 26 level.

 - Jack
--
 //Jack Bowling

1. TOSHIBA ATAPI DVD/CDROM does not work, why??

Hi,
Since my old ATAPI CDROM broke down, I got
a new TOSHIBA DVD(4.8) / CD-ROM(32x)

It is an ATAPI device, and should work with
the following

BASEDEV=IBM1S506.ADD /V /DSG /A:0 /BM /U:0 /SMS /LBA /A:1 /BM /U:0
/ATAPI
BASEDEV=OS2DASD.DMD
BASEDEV=IBMIDECD.FLT
IFS=F:\OS2\BOOT\CDFS.IFS /C:8 /Q /W
DEVICE=F:\OS2\BOOT\OS2CDROM.DMD /Q

but it does not :-(
(I belive that the DVD mode wouldn't be supported, but atleast the
CDROM
 should be supported, but if they both would work, it would be great)

Instead the system just locks up, and won't boot!

any suggestions ?? Is it a bug? any settings missing ?

Best regards

thomas

If there is a possibility that something may
go wrong, it surely will. - Murphy's Law

2. No computer is perfect!

3. NEC Multispin 6X SCSI CDROM: Can it work with OS/2??

4. Does your keyboard make "boik"-ing noises?

5. OS/2 WARP does not recognize Toshiba 5302 IDE CDROM

6. help me with my cd rom

7. Help: WARP will not see my Toshiba CDROM HM-5302b after install.

8. Help for starting... what to buy ?

9. Will Toshiba quad speed CDROM & SB16 SCSI-2 work?

10. Need driver for Toshiba XM3601 cdrom (3401 doesnt work)

11. Toshiba or BTC 6x ATAPI CD-ROM info please!

12. ECS or Toshiba XM5522B 6X cd roms drives?

13. Toshiba 6x IDE with OS/2 (red box) install???