Graphics Conversion Package for OS/2

Post by s.. » Thu, 07 May 1992 14:10:21

Greetings,

I am looking for a graphic conversion utility (if that's the right description
..) under OS/2.  I am using emTeX, which can import graphics only in the
msp (Windows paint), .pcx (Zsoft-Paintbrush), or .bmp (Windows or OS/2)
formats.  Although I liked PM-Chart a lot, it does not handle files in any of
the above formats, unfortunately.  What I am looking for is something like
Paintshop for Windows (yes I know it is there, but I would rather use an OS/2
program).  Can anyone point me towards the right direction?  Finally, does
anyone know of an OS/2 drawing package that handles these formats directly?
Thanks in advance.  Sincerely,

Sunando Sen

Department of Economics                Telephone:(212) 998-8960

New York, NY 10003

Post by Timothy F. Sippl » Fri, 08 May 1992 11:39:15

>I am looking for a graphic conversion utility (if that's the right description
>..) under OS/2.  I am using emTeX, which can import graphics only in the
>msp (Windows paint), .pcx (Zsoft-Paintbrush), or .bmp (Windows or OS/2)
>formats.  Although I liked PM-Chart a lot, it does not handle files in any of
>the above formats, unfortunately.  What I am looking for is something like
>Paintshop for Windows (yes I know it is there, but I would rather use an OS/2
>program).  Can anyone point me towards the right direction?  Finally, does
>anyone know of an OS/2 drawing package that handles these formats directly?
>Thanks in advance.  Sincerely,

From one economist to another :-), you're in luck.  ZSoft (or
ZenoSoft?) has Publisher's Paintbrush for OS/2.  Corel Systems has
CorelDraw 2.0 for OS/2.  Micrographx has Designer for OS/2.  All are
available now.
--
Read the OS/2 FREQ. ASKED QUESTIONS LIST, avail. | Timothy F. Sipples

/pub/os2/faq, or via netmail from server         | Dept. of Economics

1. Graphics conversion MS-Windows WMF -> OS/2 2.1 MET ???

What I'm looking for might not exist but... I'm looking for something
that would convert Windows 3.1 placeable (Aldus type) metafiles to the
OS/2 2.1 "MET" metafile format.
It could be a utility , a graphics library (.dll with doc.) or even
some example in C langage.
If this is nowhere to be found, I would be interested at least in some
relevant bibliographical references on the topic of OS/2 graphics, especially
metafiles and vector graphics.
Thanks, really need help on that.

2. Help with SENDMAIL - please

3. Conversion of Graphics files into formats READABLE by OS/2

4. Foreign commands: History?

5. Looking for Solid OS/2 Graphics/Drawing Package, HELP!!!!

6. Extract text from argument

7. CP/M -- MS DOS conversion package

8. HELP! Modem extra settings??

9. Graphic file conversion needed

10. Graphic format conversion software

11. Q: Which graphics conversion program?

12. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!!

13. Graphics Conversion: GIF|JPEG --> BMP --> shows up good, but hope to do better