How to make slip connection with callback system?

How to make slip connection with callback system?

Post by Juha Mansikka » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

My internet access provider uses a call back system.
The problem is that the execution of my login.cmd stops
right after the connection is closed instead of waiting
for the incoming call.

If you know a way to get around this problem please help me.

How to make slip connection with callback system?

Post by dwat.. » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>My internet access provider uses a call back system.
>The problem is that the execution of my login.cmd stops
>right after the connection is closed instead of waiting
>for the incoming call.

Could be several things, but look closely at your modem.  I use an embedded
response script, not a .cmd.  I set the modem to autoanswer in the second
init string.  I found it won't work with the factory default settings for DCD
(&Cn) and DTR (&Dn) where both default to n=0 on my PP modem.  I save
&C1 and &D2 and init with ATZ and it works fine.

REXX is usually needed only for logins with conditional logic.  Seems pretty
perverse.  Response files are really pretty versatile, and elegantly simple.  Of
course programming REXX is lots of fun for some folks.

If you need assist, reply to me with the indications you get on your login
session.

Dave

1. OS2 making a slip/ppp connection?

From some of the postings I have read I believe there is no software,
except very expensive software, to make this type of connection under os2.11?
    It not, I am interested in trying such a connection under a
windows/dos session sacrificing the high speed multitasking.  Does anyone
suggest where to start?  ie a program at ftp-os2.cdrom.com in 2_1/comm?
Is there a FAQ on this so I don't ask too many FAQ?

Thanks muchly, in advance.
RS

2. Disabling splash screen

3. Autostart of Net Programs after slip connection made

4. Connection but no serial sync

5. WebExplorer makes my slip connection hang up!

6. Certificates MMC - can't enumerate certificate stores

7. Need slip/ppp scripts for connection to Packet mode system

8. Zoom problem with dial-back

9. Suggestions for setting up SLIP/PPP through CallBack ?

10. How to implement callbacks with SLIP scripts?

11. SLIP: more than one slip-connection

12. Closer to making broadband connection work!

13. making slip.cfg and redialing script...