Bypassing Dialer Settings W/BOOTP.EXE HElp!!!

Bypassing Dialer Settings W/BOOTP.EXE HElp!!!

Post by Joselito H Tagar » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I connect to the internet through an external dialer that directly access
the modem to connect, then runs bootp.exe to aquire the server addresses
(which change at each connect, thus requiring bootp).  This works fine for
webex/telnet/tn3270/ftp, but any mail client will not work.  It seems to
look at the IBM Internet Dialer for any POP/SMTP server configuration, but
I can't put any permanent numbers in the fields there.  How do I get
around this?

Netcomber's news reader won't even access the right news server, and I
can't find a place to tell it to go to! HELP!  I have to use free agent in
a win/os2 seamless session to do it.

BTW, is there anyway that windows internet progs work using the os/2
internet dialers?  I usually have to use winsock to work the windows
progs...

{Insert Pointless Stupid .signature File Here}

1. Bypass Linkup.exe

I use an alternate service provider and everytime I run an app, it prompts
me to connect to alternate and then to hit the dial button on the dial out
screen. I use only 1 provider with 1 line. Is there a way to automatically
check for connection and then dial out with the .cmd file is neccessary ?

Thank
Fred

2. A toner question: can laser copier toner be used...

3. BOOTP In Dialer Login Script

4. SAS6.2 Install DONT WORK!!

5. Dialer that supports bootp?

6. OS3.5 serial number

7. What is bootp.exe?

8. Need Info about Aerial Robotic Competition @ GA Tech

9. bootp and automatic IP settings at high level

10. help by-passing peer login

11. ? NEED HELP WITH NETSCAPE DIALER OR NEED NEW DIALER

12. Help - Alarm message printing, Bypass the print spooler

13. help with ppp.exe and or slip.exe PLEASE