Help setting up PCMCIA interface

Post by Mr. Da » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I need some help getting my PCMCIA interface working on my new
computer.  I have a Sager notebook computer.  This is a PCI based
pentium computer with a Cirrus PD6729 PCI to PC card interface chip in
it.  I have tried almost all possible combinations of the options in
selective install.  I have downloaded the OS2PCM.ZIP file and tried
those combinations.  Nothing works.  The error I get during boot up is
"IBM2MAT1.SYS not installed. Line 106 ignored."  After that there is a
message that the socket services driver was not installed.  There are
no other errors.

Any help would be appreciated.  E-mail replies will get to me better
because my ISP misses a lot of the news articles.

Thanks in advance.

-----
David Azarewicz

1. Help setting up PCMCIA interface

I need some help setting up the PCMCIA port on my new notebook
computer.
It is a PCI based pentium system with a Cirrus Logic PD6729 PCI to PC
card interface chip.  I have tried about every possible combination in
the selective install.  I have downloaded the OS2PCM.ZIP and tried all
those combinations.  Nothing seems to work.  I get an error on bootup
of
"IBM2MAT1.SYS not installed.  Line 106 ignored." and then the banner
from
the socket services driver followed by "not installed".  There are no
other error messages.  I have Warp red box.

E-mail will get to me better because my ISP misses a lot of the news
articles.

Thanks for any help in advance.

-----
David Azarewicz

2. [FS: AS400 Surplus Equip]

3. Neurons as Field Generators

4. Uninterruptible Power Supply interface (APC Smart-UPS 600)

5. Frontpage 98 - Screws up Case of Filenames

6. PCMCIA Set up and PCMCIA.CRD

7. Floating windows with scrollers

8. UPS Support for OS/2: APC Back-UPS 650 Pro

9. Help Setting up PCMCIA Modem

10. Help needed setting up PCMCIA Modem!!

11. Need HELP with PCMCIA Modem set up . . .

12. HELP: Problems Setting up a PCMCIA Ethernet Card