Fixpak 15 problem

Post by Ted Mill » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 23:33:54

Hello All

I have just downloded and tried to install Fixpak 15, as found in the package
that Aaron Lawrence uploaded on Hobbes. My first attempt was via my
maintenance partition but fservice hung at the point where it checks for
adequate space on the disk.

I then booted my main boot partition (at fixpak 8) and everything progressed
smoothly and I got the message that service had completed and to reboot in
order to service locked files. The reboot proceded normally and reported that
locked files had been successfully processed whereapon the system crashed.
Every subsequent attempt to boot resulted in the message that the system could
not open the config.sys file or that it could not find the file ALTF1MID.SCR.
Any keyboard input after this point simply lead to a repitition of the
message.

So I booted my maintenance partition again and managed to get fservice to
complete a backout to fixpak 8, and everything is back to normal. Any one have
any ideas as to what is going on and why Fixpak 15 won't apply. This is the
first fixpak I've ever had problems with. Before this I had installed fix 1
with floppies, fix 5 with the Lotus SS CD-rom, fix 6 with quickfix, and fix 8
with BMT micro's fixpak CD.

Any input or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Ted Miller

P.S. Any reports that fixpak 15 is incompatible with the Danis506.add driver?
I am using it and it just occurred to me that it could be the problem.

Fixpak 15 problem

Post by John Fult » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 02:38:12

writes:
:>
:>Hello All
:>
:>I have just downloded and tried to install Fixpak 15, as found in the package
:>that Aaron Lawrence uploaded on Hobbes. My first attempt was via my
:>maintenance partition but fservice hung at the point where it checks for
:>adequate space on the disk.
:>

I am having the same problem.  The whole process looks quite OK up to the
point where it checks for space, and then hangs.  I hae not been game to try
updating from the maintenance partition as I do not know what the problem is
I am however starting from FP 14 which I have been using successfully up to
now!

Any ideas would e appreciated.

Regards

John Fulton

Fixpak 15 problem

Post by rj friedm » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 22:00:44

?Hello All
?
?I have just downloded and tried to install Fixpak 15, as found in the package
?that Aaron Lawrence uploaded on Hobbes. My first attempt was via my
?maintenance partition...

This, I believe is the root (sorry, no pun intended) of your
problem. I'm willing to bet that it tried to service your
maintenance partition (in addition to your regular
partition). Look in your maintenance partition for those
'failed installation' LOG files. I forget the exact name for
them - but you can find the names by going to the SW Updates
page and reading up on what to do in case of a failed
installation. Anyway, delete those files, then look in your
regular partition for them and delete them, as well. Then
try the installation over again.

[RJ]                 OS/2 - Live it, or live with it.
rj friedman          Team ABW

To send email - remove the `yyy'

1. Help! Problem after installing fixpak 14 or 15!!!

I just installed Warp 4 on my Compaq LTE 5000 laptop.  Everything works
until I install Fixpak 14 OR 15.  Both do the same thing.  After the fixpak
is installed the system stops on bootup with a trap 000d, expection in
device driver: ES16881$ (Sound).  Commenting out the sound drivers from
config.sys gets me into the presentation manager but as soon as the
graphical screen comes up it will stop and sit there.

Help!

2. Best static column ZIP prices?

3. FixPak 15 or DIVE.DLL

4. Novell 4.1 partitioning a dos disc with novell

5. Fixpak 15 and Win-OS/2

6. How do I find out which version of Visual Studio.NET is on a PC?

7. Marks Progamming Journey 15/15: yup, the last one

8. GRIDS report wanted

9. Fixpack 15 problem

10. Problem installing Fixpack 15

11. Roland SCD-15/Vibra 16 Problem under OS/2 Warp

12. Fixpack 15 Boot Problem

13. Fixpack 15 Install Problem