archie top of window

Post by brbe.. » Fri, 12 May 1995 04:00:00

I downloaded the beta archie. It shows up with the window above the screen so I can not get the mouse on it to move it down. also the mouse cannot 'grab' a side of the window to expand it.
It also appears in something between CGA and VGA.
  Bruce

archie top of window

Post by Stephen Stalc » Wed, 17 May 1995 04:00:00

:>
:>I downloaded the beta archie. It shows up with the window above the screen so I can not get the mouse on it to move it down. also the mouse cannot 'grab' a side of the window to expand it.
:>It also appears in something between CGA and VGA.
:>  Bruce

Bruce I had the same problem; if you place the mouse over any portion of the
archie window and hit alt F7 it will attach the window to the mouse and you
can click mouse button one to drop it whereever you desire.  This works with
other windows that have gone outside of the viewable screen.

1. LOST top left button & Archie beta wont install

I was happy to see Archie in the list of Software updates.
It did what it was supposed to, but the search results
window drew with the title bar off the top of the screen.

Now there is Archie Beta, but although I downloaded it,
and shutdown 2x, it wouldnt install.

Also, the title bar of my most used program has now been
moved off the top of the screen and stuck there with just a
few pixels of the 'Dial' & 'Hang Up' buttons visible :-(

so, 2 question I would love to know the answers to;

How can I hack titlebar-less windows back on the (visible) scrren?

How do I make sure Archie Beta installs properly?

Any replies much appreciated, as I cannot understand Turkish Tech
Support.  Many thanks

Oliver

based in Istanbul, Turkey

2. AT&T Blacklisting?

3. Archie Window

4. SATO printers

5. OS/2 Java tops Windows by 33 percent!

6. Boot trouble on previously good system.

7. Windows has a lock on the top spot!

8. Let's discuss Windows 95 "Top 35"

9. Top Ten Reasons to Choose OS/2 Warp over Windows NT (Guido)

10. Top Producer for Windows. Corrupted fonts in seamless.

11. All Apps minimise to D'top AND Window-Viewer

12. FP17: Window won't come to top?