Torisan CDR-S16 CDROM & Merlin

Post by wdez.. » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I've got a Gateway 2000 P5-100 at work I'd like to install Merlin on.  It's got
an IDE CDROM drive made by Torisan, Model No CDR-S16.  I don't see anything
on the supplemental drivers disk about Torisan.  Has anyone heard of Torisan and
am I likely to be able to do the install?  I'm comfortable with customizing the
Install boot disks; I just need to know where to find a driver.  Advice appreciated.

Bill

Any e-mail, solicited or unsolicited, is welcome EXCEPT FOR COMMERCIAL MASS-
MAILINGS.  Unsolicted Commercial E-Mail is unwelcome & unapproved of and will
be responded to as follows: 1) formal complaint to your postmaster and all
                                               upstream postmasters / abuse mailboxes

                                3) 100 copies of your message directed back to you
                                   and all identifiable related e-mail addresses

Post by well.. » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>I've got a Gateway 2000 P5-100 at work I'd like to install Merlin on.  It's got
>an IDE CDROM drive made by Torisan, Model No CDR-S16.  I don't see anything
>on the supplemental drivers disk about Torisan.  Has anyone heard of Torisan and
>am I likely to be able to do the install?  I'm comfortable with customizing the
>Install boot disks; I just need to know where to find a driver.  Advice appreciated.

>Bill

I have a IDE CDROM made by Torisan (Also has a Sanyo label) on my Gateway.
I use the IBM IDE driver with no problem, under Warp 3, though I did have to
add that driver to my Config.sys file when I installed.  I added
BASEDEV=IBMIDECD.FLT.  I expect no greater problem with Merlin.

-------
Ed Wellner
Yes, these are my opinions, not those of the company I work for.

Post by wdez.. » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>>I've got a Gateway 2000 P5-100 at work I'd like to install Merlin on.  It's got
>>an IDE CDROM drive made by Torisan, Model No CDR-S16.  I don't see anything
>>on the supplemental drivers disk about Torisan.  Has anyone heard of Torisan and
>>am I likely to be able to do the install?  I'm comfortable with customizing the
>>Install boot disks; I just need to know where to find a driver.  Advice appreciated.

>>Bill

>I have a IDE CDROM made by Torisan (Also has a Sanyo label) on my Gateway.
>I use the IBM IDE driver with no problem, under Warp 3, though I did have to
>add that driver to my Config.sys file when I installed.  I added
>BASEDEV=IBMIDECD.FLT.  I expect no greater problem with Merlin.

I received a similar reply a few days ago that made me hopeful, so I went ahead
and tried the install.  I'm pleased to say I had no problems.  Merlin correctly DETECTED
the IDE CDROM and the install went fine.  Having installed OS/2 since the days of
1.3 I guess I was just pessimistic about the prospects of success on non-IBM-mainstream
hardware.  I should have tried it first!

On that same note, though, if only I could get my STB Nitro64 to work now...

Thanks for the advice,
Bill

Any e-mail, solicited or unsolicited, is welcome EXCEPT FOR COMMERCIAL MASS-
MAILINGS.  Unsolicted Commercial E-Mail is unwelcome & unapproved of and will
be responded to as follows: 1) formal complaint to your postmaster and all
                                               upstream postmasters / abuse mailboxes

                                3) 100 copies of your message directed back to you
                                   and all identifiable related e-mail addresses

1. Drivers for a TORiSAN CDR-C36 CD player

Hi,

I'm looking for drivers for my TORiSAN CDR-C36 CD player. It's a 3CD changer
and it works correctly under NT. OS/2 though, only sees the first CD. I
understood that drivers exist for this player.

Can anybody help?

Greetings

PS: My newsfeed isn't very good (server keeps it only 2 days) so plays send a

---
Why do friends, when I've a problem, always point out
what I must be doing wrong, instead of taking a look at
themselves to see how they can help?
(JAB)

J. de Meijer
The Netherlands
http://warande1074.warande.ruu.nl
member of TEAM OS/2

2. DJGPP help

3. Torisan CDR-S1G and Trap 000d

4. proglem

5. os2 v2.10 & the NEC CDR-1400 8x cdrom

6. Internal Error 2735 on FP2K install

7. CDR & Soundcard for Merlin -- (was Best OS/2 Peripherals)

8. TCP/IP Error results in Undeletable files

9. How to install warp with NCR53C810 PCI SCSI with Compaq CDR 503B CDROM?

10. warp and nec_isa cdr-260 cdrom not seen

11. repost! SANYO cdr-h94a CDROM help needed!

12. SANYO cdr-h94a CDROM help needed!