Argh! Help me! Big os2 mess! Dualboot!

Post by Randall Finl » Mon, 13 Mar 1995 16:47:33

Okay, first, I AM an idiot, I confess.  Now my problem:

        I installed os2 warp and got all e*d, my factory-fresh copy of
Gal Civ sitting next to me.
        I fooled around to try to learn some os2, and wanted to see if I could
get my network software to run.
        I want a dos session that will run it, so I hit the button labelled
"dualboot" (icon actually) and get a dos session.
        Now I cant get back into os2.
        What did I do?  How do I undo it?

        In my frustration and stupidness, I decided to reinstall warp.
It gives me an error message before too long, cant load something, some
message wrong for some other message...argh.
        Did I just cut my own throat?

        Argh, the wages of non-manual-reading, non-tutorial-doing sin are
indeed high.  Bail me out and I'll do the tutorials, please!  Help me!
It's painful being this dumb.
        Can I somehow uninstall os2 and start over?  Can I get it to just
work as is?

                                Mr. Dumb-as-Nails

Post by Ronald Swa » Mon, 13 Mar 1995 20:58:17

Quote:Finley) writes:

>Okay, first, I AM an idiot, I confess.  Now my problem:

>    I installed os2 warp and got all e*d, my factory-fresh copy
of
>Gal Civ sitting next to me.
>    I fooled around to try to learn some os2, and wanted to see if I
could
>get my network software to run.
>    I want a dos session that will run it, so I hit the button
labelled
>"dualboot" (icon actually) and get a dos session.
>    Now I cant get back into os2.
>    What did I do?  How do I undo it?

>    In my frustration and stupidness, I decided to reinstall warp.
>It gives me an error message before too long, cant load something, some
>message wrong for some other message...argh.
>    Did I just cut my own throat?

>    Argh, the wages of non-manual-reading, non-tutorial-doing sin
are
>indeed high.  Bail me out and I'll do the tutorials, please!  Help me!
>It's painful being this dumb.
>    Can I somehow uninstall os2 and start over?  Can I get it to
just
>work as is?

>                            Mr. Dumb-as-Nails
>                            please send me e-mail:

All you gotta do is dual-boot back.  The command should be

      BOOT  /OS2  <---- gets you back to os/2
      BOOT  /DOS  <---- this happens when you click the icon in OS/2
                        to DUAL BOOT to DOS.

BE SURE TO KEEP COPIES of your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files...there
are two sets.  The ones that you use in DOS and the ones you use in
OS/2.   You'll....well, I needed 'em when I made changes I shouldn't
have.

=r!

Post by Robin Vowe » Wed, 15 Mar 1995 10:33:25

        All you gotta do is dual-boot back.  The command should be

              BOOT  /OS2  <---- gets you back to os/2
              BOOT  /DOS  <---- this happens when you click the icon in OS/2
                                to DUAL BOOT to DOS.

---NO, this definitey WON'T work.

   You MUST use the command

c:\OS2\BOOT /OS2

to dual boot back to OS/2.

1. HELP: How can I load/dualboot win95 and os2 on my laptop...

I want to load both Win95 and OS2 on my laptop.  I have heard that
you have to load Win95 first???  I am looking for a document or info
on how to do this properly - HELP!

Also, I'm not quite sure the exact sizes I need for each partition.
I heard that there is some MSDOS software out there (like 'Partition
Magic'???) that will allow you to change partition sizes without
having to reinstall all the software.  Has anyone heard of anything
like this and have they used it and have they used it where OS2 is
using HPFS?

Thanks!

Mike

2. Hello World

3. MESA2 Demo: big, big, very big disapointment.

4. choice of editor for students

5. Problems with DUALBOOT...... HELP!!!!

6. Problems with Sony CDU-55E

7. 2 hard drives with dualboot help

8. Getting desperate - the coasters are piling up!

9. Win-OS2 Session randomly suspends monitor. Argh.

10. SLOW OS2!!! ARGH!!!

11. HELP PLEASE OS2 Crash Big-Time

12. Argh! Help w/ winos2 problem please?

13. Colors messed up when using a WIN/OS2 session