Postroad Mailer v3.0 "Edit in Compose Window"

Postroad Mailer v3.0 "Edit in Compose Window"

Post by Stan Goodm » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

In Postroad Mailer v3.0 one can view or edit a message in the outgoing
queue by clicking MB2 on the message entry in the queue list to bring
up a menu. One item in this menu is "View", which produces the same
effect as merely double-clicking MB1 on the message entry; another is
"Edit in Compose Window", which should do just what it says.

But it doesn't, quite; instead, it brings up yet another menu, the two
items of which are "With changes" and "Without changes" (which would
no doubt be identical to "View"). But "Without changes" is always
greyed out, thus unavailable, so that the major (indeed only) effect
of the additional menu is to require an additional, redundant step in
the process of editing a message in the outgoing queue.

Is this what other users of this version see? Is this what Innoval
intended? Is Innoval aware of it? Have they thought about
rationalizing the behavior?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Stan Goodman  %
% Qiryat Tiv'on %
% Israel        %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Real address: replace "NULL" with "netvision". Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Post by InnoVal System » Sun, 11 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> In Postroad Mailer v3.0 one can view or edit a message in the outgoing
> queue by clicking MB2 on the message entry in the queue list to bring
> up a menu. One item in this menu is "View", which produces the same
> effect as merely double-clicking MB1 on the message entry; another is
> "Edit in Compose Window", which should do just what it says.

> But it doesn't, quite; instead, it brings up yet another menu, the two
> items of which are "With changes" and "Without changes" (which would
> no doubt be identical to "View"). But "Without changes" is always
> greyed out, thus unavailable, so that the major (indeed only) effect
> of the additional menu is to require an additional, redundant step in
> the process of editing a message in the outgoing queue.

> Is this what other users of this version see? Is this what Innoval
> intended? Is Innoval aware of it? Have they thought about
> rationalizing the behavior?

Stan, honestly I don't know the answer. I'll try to find out. I don't
know that I have ever myself edited a message in the output queue but
because of the possibility that someone would want to do so, we provided
for it.  The extra click seems unnecessary. I'll ask the folks who track
APAR's, suggestions, etc. and also check with the lead programmer. Huh!

You raise a point. I'll have to see if we are doing something similar
with J Street Mailer. Thanks, Stan.

Dan Porter
InnoVal

Post by L. Mark Ston » Sun, 11 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> > In Postroad Mailer v3.0 one can view or edit a message in the outgoing
> > queue by clicking MB2 on the message entry in the queue list to bring
> > up a menu. One item in this menu is "View", which produces the same
> > effect as merely double-clicking MB1 on the message entry; another is
> > "Edit in Compose Window", which should do just what it says.

> > But it doesn't, quite; instead, it brings up yet another menu, the two
> > items of which are "With changes" and "Without changes" (which would
> > no doubt be identical to "View"). But "Without changes" is always
> > greyed out, thus unavailable, so that the major (indeed only) effect
> > of the additional menu is to require an additional, redundant step in
> > the process of editing a message in the outgoing queue.

> > Is this what other users of this version see? Is this what Innoval
> > intended? Is Innoval aware of it? Have they thought about
> > rationalizing the behavior?

> Stan, honestly I don't know the answer. I'll try to find out. I don't
> know that I have ever myself edited a message in the output queue but
> because of the possibility that someone would want to do so, we provided
> for it.  The extra click seems unnecessary. I'll ask the folks who track
> APAR's, suggestions, etc. and also check with the lead programmer. Huh!

> You raise a point. I'll have to see if we are doing something similar
> with J Street Mailer. Thanks, Stan.

> Dan Porter
> InnoVal

Dan,

I find myself editing notes in the output queue also, mainly because
between the time I composed my reply and the time I'm ready to send it,
a new email has arrived whose contents make it necessary to change my
note.

There is indeed an extra mouse click required, as Stan noted. It also
takes a few mouse clicks to get to the Edit in Compose option.

I'd be grateful if I could simply open up the outgoing notes folder, RMB
on the desired note, and have "Edit In Compose Window With Changes"
appear as a popup menu item.

Otherwise, I am super-satisfied with the product, and you should know (I
presume you do already) that Kari is fantastic at replying quickly and
accurately to posts to prmbeta.

Best regards,
Mark

Another Message From L. Mark Stone

To reply by email, remove the obvious from my email address.

1. Mozilla v1.1..."Plug-ins?"....."Anyone?"

I've Started using Mozilla v 1.1 for OS/2 recently,...and in total
frankness, I am amazed at how much progress seems to have been made
since the v 0.92, or perhaps 0.94 beta I was using  previously.

The page loading time (after the initial browsers opening anyway) is no
longer objectionable, perhaps even "acceptable".. I am  both impressed,
AND  suprised to be in a position to say I am impressed, given prior
experiances with a total of 3 of the earlier beta releases....

But,....Would like to use the basic OS2 MM "plug-ins" (or similar) in
hopes of getting online .Mid, .Wav, .Au type files back to work

What, if Anything, is the officially recomended avenue to get OS/2
Plugins installed and working with the mozilla 1.1 browser???   And,
for/to any positive answers out there,.....WHAT has been your actual
experiance in day to day use?

On previous ocassion with the beta version, I was able to get the base
Plugin pak from Netascape 4.61 to install ok, but anytime  One of the
plug-ins was activated,... it wasn't pretty at all,..hard lockups, etc....

Also, just curiously,....any word on the  =/- of  installing 3rd party
Netscape v 4.xx era plugins on Mozilla v 1.1?? I've got a few, such as A
VRML Browser( voyager), a Quicktime 3D spatial browser, and  the MM
Shockwave  plug in, and, I guess "Shockwave" has not yet died a painful
death, so if it works with  mozilla, might be fun to try...

2. ext plextor / hp int 4x scsi cdrom

3. "xtnd xmit"?? PostRoad Mailer

4. tusc output

5. PostRoad Mailer: "Error Message Received From POP3 Server"

6. advice on posting questions

7. "With windows" or "for Windows"

8. Cannon 4200 problems

9. Filename "lpt7", "com1" and "nul"

10. "Retrieve Software Updates" and "Window List"

11. Suggestion for IBM: Allow "Fullpack" to install "For Windows"

12. "Kosher" way to keep a window "always on top"

13. Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options