Icon editing in Settings Notebook?

Post by Daniel Harris » Sun, 20 Jun 1993 00:42:11

I can't seem to edit an icon in the settings notebook and have the
changes be made in the current icon. Moreover, after editing, the
"edit" and "change" buttons are dimmed. What gives? I didn't notice
this in 2.0.

Another example of poor documentation of the icon editor? BTW, wouldn't
it be nice to have some really good advice and techniques for making decent
looking icons?

--
Daniel Harrison

Post by Peter Moyl » Tue, 22 Jun 1993 09:53:32

>I can't seem to edit an icon in the settings notebook and have the
>changes be made in the current icon. Moreover, after editing, the
>"edit" and "change" buttons are dimmed. What gives? I didn't notice
>this in 2.0.

Just a guess - this might be identical to a problem I've always had
with 2.0.  When you save an edited icon, it saves a number of
different forms, of which only one is the form you've just edited.
The displayed icon might well be one of the forms you didn't edit.
I'm not quite sure how the WPS chooses which of the several forms
to use.

Anyway, if this is the problem then the solution is simple.  In the
"Select forms to save" option box, deselect every form except the
one you've just edited.

--

1. Icon Editing/Association (close to Attatching Icons)

How does one attatch the OS/2 type "Icon" to a bunch of icons?  I know that
the .ICO extension can be ASSOCIATED with the icon editor, but I still
cannot edit most of the icons that I have with the Icon Editor.  What gives?
Must they be in some special format for OS/2 to read (like a resource or
something) and is there something to attach such a resource?
--
    Erik Kovach      | I guess there's an advantage to being alone.  I still
Kusch Mental Hospital| get to use form 1040EZ.

2. NDC Options

3. Ultimail settings defaults when opening setting notebook

4. Will WebEx save in plain text?

5. can't edit icons

6. need PCMCIA SCSI CARD preferably used and cheap!

7. Icon Edit barfs

8. Sharp JX9300

9. Icon editing...

10. Editing small icons.