(Internet) Re: Need infor about: SLIP & OS/2 - config & programs

(Internet) Re: Need infor about: SLIP & OS/2 - config & programs

Post by Zet » Sun, 24 Apr 1994 19:49:06

Re: (Internet) Re: Need infor about: SLIP & OS/2 - config & programs

Quote:> >I would like to get some information about SLIP and OS/2. I need it to conne
> >to the university over a SLIP-gateway PC (KA9Q-Software).
> >1. What do I need? I think I'll have to buy TCP/IP for OS/2 but I'm not shur
> >about it. Does it support SLIP? Or is there a good PD/Shareware tool like
> >Trumpet Winsock for OS/2?
> There isn't a "free" TCPIP for OS/2 yet.  The IBM product is pretty good
> and supports SLIP and has decent telnet and ftp clients.

There are two version of the KA9Q software or something similar available for
OS/2.  PMNOS and OS2NOS or something like that.  I dont know if they are PD
or shareware, but I found them on some FTP sites a while back.. haven't tried
them out yet...

winsock does seem to run on os/2 quite well..

Greg