1. Graphics Conversion: GIF|JPEG --> BMP --> still shows up like @#$%$#%!! on OS/2 2.1's lockup-mode
Thanks for all the responses. I figured out the solution for
Windows 3.1. In order for Windows to use the highest resolution on
my VGA card, the colors are limited to 16, a palette of 16.
I used Alchemy to discover/extract the palette set by Windows and
then converted my 32 color image to a 16-color image, using that palette.
It was as easy as
alchemy kaori.gif -f leaves.bmp -w -o
where "leaves.bmp" is loaded with Windows 3.1 and contains the
Windows-set palette. (It is extracted "leaves.bmp". Understand?)
But I still have one unresolved issue--about OS/2. I have an IBM PC
running OS/2 2.1 and an IBM XGA card (and XGA driver). I used alchemy
to convert my 256-color GIF to an OS/2 BitMaP.
Again, the colors are all messed up. I get the same problem with XV.
If I convert the image to a gray-scale image with 256 levels of gray,
then the image is okay.
When I convert the GIF (with either XV or alchemy or any other conversion
program) to a 256-color BMP, the image's colors are screwed. The image is
being displayed as the lockup-image. By "lockup", I mean that I can lock up
the screen with a password; the desktop disappears, leaving a *.BMP
picture in its place.
Instead of displaying the stupid "OS/2" *.BMP image, I want to see an image
of a pretty girl's face. So, I'm converting the GIF to a 256-color BMP.
I *KNOW* that my XGA card is capable of displaying up to 65536 colors
simultaneously. I've displayed that GIF using, say CompuShow, many times;
the image is completely normal--in beautiful 256 colors.
With regards to the OS/2 2.1 bitmap, What the hell am I
doing wrong? How can I remedy the situation?
Please respond by e-mail. Thanks.
3. GIF->BMP conversion
4. Terminal Serve ?
5. >>>---<<< Entertainment Club BBS >>>---<<<
6. NeXT TIFF -> EPS conversion
7. <<<<GAMES INDUSTRY JOBS>>>>>>
8. DDraw in window-mode
9. ?? Win95-->TCPBEUI-->NIC-->Warp-->Modem-->TCP/IP:PPP-->TheWeb ??
10. ATI GRAPHICS PRO TURBO DRIVERS>>>
11. _____))))))____>>>>> Address for J3 Computers, per request ++_+
12. Procomm Plus for Windows -------->>>>> 2.11 Upgrade Patch Here!
13. >>>>> Kaypro Needed - please help <<<<<