No One Believes Serenity's "Boob" & "LoonyToony"

Post by Bob St.Joh » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:19:45

> 02/04/03

>>I'm still waiting for Larry to back up any one of HIS claims! :-)

> Why don't you show us your cognitive reasoning skills, and explain how getting
> an hour of time at a free workshop just like a dozen other vendors -- none of
> whom are "show cased" in any way by IBM, makes the claim of snake oil * --
> that IBM is showcasing his junkware -- valid.

Seems to indicate you didn't read the agenda. Yes, the workshop is free
  .. common courtesy to enteprise accounts because these are essentially
marketing events. Therefore, this is participating in the marketing of
IBM products. Proof of IBM's recognition of eComStation in the sales of
IBM products, and the customer satisfaction level of IBM OS/2 commercial
accounts.

Next "like a dozen other vendors"? Care to list them? I see two other
vendors; IBM and Golden Code. Other speakers are IBMers and IBM
customers, sharing their experiences, strength and hopes.

Obviously Java 1.4 by Golden Code is being showcased. As is the ability
to run OS/2 on a Linux box. Something not available from any other
leading vendor in the industry, not VMWare, not Connectix. And when OS/2
boots inside that virtual machine ... I imagine it's desktop will look a
great deal like ... well, dang .. perhaps eComStation 1.1 .. running
OS/2 4.52, fixpack level 3. Who knows?

Which means that this year, Serenity Systems will be able to provide PC
users with the ability to run OS/2 with a Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD, or
Linux host ... you don't think IBM is interested?

Heck, why do you think it's on the agenda? Well ... regardless of what
you say, we *all* know why it's on the IBM agenda.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems

Post by letou.. » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 02:46:31

>> 02/04/03

>>>I'm still waiting for Larry to back up any one of HIS claims! :-)

>> Why don't you show us your cognitive reasoning skills, and explain how getting
>> an hour of time at a free workshop just like a dozen other vendors -- none of
>> whom are "show cased" in any way by IBM, makes the claim of snake oil * --
>> that IBM is showcasing his junkware -- valid.
>Seems to indicate you didn't read the agenda. Yes, the workshop is free
>  .. common courtesy to enteprise accounts because these are essentially
>marketing events. Therefore, this is participating in the marketing of  IBM
>products. Proof of IBM's recognition of eComStation in the sales of  IBM
>products, and the customer satisfaction level of IBM OS/2 commercial
>accounts.

Unfortunately for you -- some of us here know something about these things
too. They generally get whomever they can to fill the blocks of time.  Now you
show us something that says IBM specifically want you and your junk there --
and made your offerings the center of attention.

Answer: You can't because its another lie.

Quote:>Next "like a dozen other vendors"? Care to list them? I see two other
>vendors; IBM and Golden Code. Other speakers are IBMers and IBM  customers,
>sharing their experiences, strength and hopes.

Read the agenda. Idiot.

Quote:>Obviously Java 1.4 by Golden Code is being showcased. As is the ability  to
>run OS/2 on a Linux box. Something not available from any other  leading
>vendor in the industry, not VMWare, not Connectix. And when OS/2  boots
>inside that virtual machine ... I imagine it's desktop will look a  great
>deal like ... well, dang .. perhaps eComStation 1.1 .. running  OS/2 4.52,
>fixpack level 3. Who knows?

No. They are filling an hour of time, like the others attending the workshop.

Quote:>Which means that this year, Serenity Systems will be able to provide PC
>users with the ability to run OS/2 with a Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD, or  Linux
>host ... you don't think IBM is interested?

This year?  You've been trying to get ecs 1.1 out the door for 18 months.
Stop your idiot nonsense.  Everybody but your "moonie-type" groups can see it.

Quote:>Heck, why do you think it's on the agenda? Well ... regardless of what  you
>say, we *all* know why it's on the IBM agenda.

Why do I think you were invited???  I'll make this simple for the simpletons
you sell to;   When an event organizer -- usually a glorified secretary --
needs to fill the alloted time blocks they take what they can get.  Sometimes
it nothing more then a name with no recommendation, just something that fits
the planned theme.

... Been there, invited like you *.  They need ed to fill the time
slots.  Its what the arrangers did here too.  Of course you're too stupid to
figure that out.  And we know its true, or you would pointing to something
that proves ecs is a central theme of the two days.  All you got was one hour
-- Your one hour is nothing but a time filler.

No One Believes Serenity's "Boob" & "LoonyToony"

Post by Bob St.Joh » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:56:35

I notice you keep adding OS2MISC to these posting .. they are advocacy.
You should be more considerate ... OH!  Golly .. look who I'm talking to!!!

>>>02/04/03

>>>Why don't you show us your cognitive reasoning skills, and explain how getting
>>>an hour of time at a free workshop just like a dozen other vendors -- none of
>>>whom are "show cased" in any way by IBM, makes the claim of snake oil * --
>>>that IBM is showcasing his junkware -- valid.

>>Seems to indicate you didn't read the agenda. Yes, the workshop is free
>> .. common courtesy to enteprise accounts because these are essentially
>>marketing events. Therefore, this is participating in the marketing of  IBM
>>products. Proof of IBM's recognition of eComStation in the sales of  IBM
>>products, and the customer satisfaction level of IBM OS/2 commercial
>>accounts.

> Unfortunately for you -- some of us here know something about these things
> too. They generally get whomever they can to fill the blocks of time.  Now you
> show us something that says IBM specifically want you and your junk there --
> and made your offerings the center of attention.

> Answer: You can't because its another lie.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Deal with it ... or don't.  Es unterscheidet mir kein.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems

No One Believes Serenity's "Boob" & "LoonyToony"

Post by Bob St.Joh » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 04:06:04

<snip>

Quote:> Why do I think you were invited???  I'll make this simple for the simpletons
> you sell to;   When an event organizer -- usually a glorified secretary --
> needs to fill the alloted time blocks they take what they can get.  Sometimes
> it nothing more then a name with no recommendation, just something that fits
> the planned theme.

Golly, you really hate IBM, don't you?  You think *anyone* believes
this? Shoot, even you don't believe it. You should work on your lies ..
they completely lack any credibility.

Here's the title of the individual who invited us and requested the
topic, IBM ITS Offering Manager OS/2 Services EMEA

If you look at this and think .. you'll figure out some things the
future holds.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems

Post by Brian Simpso » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:09:48

> <snip>

> > Why do I think you were invited???  I'll make this simple for the simpletons
> > you sell to;   When an event organizer -- usually a glorified secretary --
> > needs to fill the alloted time blocks they take what they can get.  Sometimes
> > it nothing more then a name with no recommendation, just something that fits
> > the planned theme.

> Golly, you really hate IBM, don't you?  You think *anyone* believes
> this? Shoot, even you don't believe it. You should work on your lies ..
> they completely lack any credibility.

"glorified secretary"!  Perhaps this is what "Ed" aspires
to be, so that he can organize his own "events".
(And he can invite TM, DTJ, DH, RF, ...  ;-)

Apparently "Ed" seeks the same level of credibility
that "Tim Martin" has:   -Zero-

Brian S

No One Believes Serenity's "Boob" & "LoonyToony"

Post by The Curmudgeo » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:12:05

On 02/04/2003 at 05:46 PM,

Quote:> .... Been there, invited like you *.  They need ed to fill the
> time slots.  Its what the arrangers did here too.

Where did this congregation of demented paranoid fools take place?

Proudly running OS/2 Warp 4, WSeB and eCS on our network
MR/2 Ice 2.31a Registration Number 67
OS/2: Logic, not magic.

Post by letou.. » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:32:00

>On 02/04/2003 at 05:46 PM,

>> .... Been there, invited like you *.  They need ed to fill the
>> time slots.  Its what the arrangers did here too.
>Where did this congregation of demented paranoid fools take place?

Hey gerby boy, what brand are you drinking tonight?

Post by Eddie's Ban » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:38:48

>>On 02/04/2003 at 05:46 PM,

>>>.... Been there, invited like you *.  They need ed to fill the
>>>time slots.  Its what the arrangers did here too.

>>Where did this congregation of demented paranoid fools take place?

> Hey gerby boy, what brand are you drinking tonight?

Another cowardly reply.

No One Believes Serenity's "Boob" & "LoonyToony"

Post by Irv Spalte » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 04:14:14

Eddie

>>> On 02/04/2003 at 05:46 PM,

>>> Where did this congregation of demented paranoid fools take place?

>> Hey gerby boy, what brand are you drinking tonight?

> Another cowardly reply.

Probably not, that is not that the statement was correct to say, just
that it fits the modus operandi of the FUD 4.

You note common elements in at least 4 of the 5.

  - Usually never posts any backup to claims.
  - Accuse one of being a shill
  - Accuse one of being mad at IBM
  - Accuse one of something improper done by you
  - Do anything to discredit the responder
  - Usually wind up insulting you
  - Never respond to your factual statements
  - Always gets the last message in a thread in
  - Uses valid messages between people to insert eCS FUD into the thread

So, you see, they also have, utilizing the above strategy, made these
NG's USELESS for OS/2 discussions or any other type of discussions.

Newcomers see this *and are afraid to post. The few that do get
dumped on and leave.

Many people cut short support or anything else they'd want to say for
fear of getting insulted by the FUD 4.

The lone FUD'ster that 'usually' doesn't follow the above has a reading
comprehension problem. He sees things no one else does, even with
liberal reading between the lines. He also will not provide proof and
often makes claims that are false and then challenges YOU to prove him
wrong.

They also tend to use each other as 'proof', that is one lies, and
another says he's right, and you prove him wrong as the other is HIS
proof. Almost like the old Elephant joke, you know, "Why do Elephants
wear sneakers?" Answer, "To hide in trees". "Have you ever seen an
Elephant wearing sneakers or in a tree?" "NO!" "See, it works". Now
prove that it is false? Can't, can you? Same tactic they pull.

Irv

http://www.veryComputer.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

1. Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options

says:
[...]

I ran into this just yesterday.  I had repartitioned my hard drive so I
could use Boot Manager, and did a backup/restore with a Colorado tape drive,
using the (DOS) TAPE.EXE program.  (I realized too late that this program
does not back up the extended attributes files; the file names are illegal
for DOS.)

The best I could figure is that OS/2 then saw Desktop as a regular folder.
I ended up reinstalling, but that isn't entirely satisfactory...  whenever
I do a new install, I lose either or both command lines (DOS or OS/2)... it
says that it "can't open    ".

I have no idea how to fix that problem.

2. Internet Explorer Control Question

3. Filename "lpt7", "com1" and "nul"

4. Can't get Budget to calculate correctly

5. status = execlp("uzip4os2.exe", "c:\\in\\prot\\", "-o -j -q", zipFile);

6. Window NT and Visual Basic 4.0 16 bit.

7. IBM - Match for Wintel or merely "Big & Blue" - read "gonads".

8. English Office 2000 on Korean Win 98

9. "ENHANCED" & "USING"?

10. Object Desktop 1.5 -- Can't "Hide" or "Autohide" CC

11. EMP6.03 can't find "options"/"save options"

12. "." & ".." directori?????

13. CO-EXISTING "UNIX" & "OS/2 2.0"