about hdd bad sector

Post by extrem » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:11:15

lately my hdd has been getting bad sector for about 32KB, so far it has
happenned twice in august, could it be because i have been writing and
deleting stuff to it too frequent?? because i sort of was, large size files
as well. Each time i have use maxtor powermax to fix it, and it's fine, i
compared the bytes values before and after i fix it and they are the same,
so can i assume that there is nothing serious?? just a wrongly recorded bad
sector??

thanks.

about hdd bad sector

Post by Filip Weste » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:16:29

> lately my hdd has been getting bad sector for about 32KB, so far it has
> happenned twice in august, could it be because i have been writing and
> deleting stuff to it too frequent?? because i sort of was, large size files
> as well. Each time i have use maxtor powermax to fix it, and it's fine, i
> compared the bytes values before and after i fix it and they are the same,
> so can i assume that there is nothing serious?? just a wrongly recorded bad
> sector??

> thanks.

Your actually in the wrong newsgroup, as this newsgroup is OS/2
related and not windows, you should be asking this in one of the
windows newsgroups, as your problem is hardware related I'll give you
an answer anyway.
It seems to me that your harddisk starts to fail, so make a backup and
buy a new harddisk.

--
Filip Westers
OS/2 Warp 4 Athlon 700MHz, AIX 4.3.2 RS/6000 320 and 360.

1. about hdd bad sector

i downloaded the program powermax from maxtor.com to fix my hdd bad sectors.
it worked. but what im interested is that how does it fixes them?? isnt bad
sectors physical problems on hdd?? and i don't think my hdd space went
smaller.

thanks.

2. 35mm enlargement analog film treatement vs digital

3. I have 12k in bad sectors how do i mark them bad??

4. Help on CC:mail

5. How to scan for bad sectors on JFS

6. Spell Check

7. Bad sectors on tape normal?

8. One more connection clueless...

9. Bad Sectors and HPFS what can you do?

10. HD bad sector - cannot access JFS partition

11. JFS bad sector question

12. Detecting bad sectors on HPFS

13. How to format HD with bad sectors?