I installed Fixpack 31 of Warp 3 and Full Screen Win-os2 hard crashes my system!

I installed Fixpack 31 of Warp 3 and Full Screen Win-os2 hard crashes my system!

Post by Juan I. Cah » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Dear Friends:

I installed FP-31 to my Warp 3.0 for Windows, already with FP-26, and
=46ull Screen Win-os2 crashes my system after two or three minutes of
running. The only way to recover it is to *power off* the computer,
even Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work.

Seamless Win-os2 is a lot more stable, I normally can work with it for
a day without any problem.

I reinstalled manually all my video, PCMCIA and sound drivers from
=46P-26 (the auto install of video, PCMCIA and sound drivers doesn't
copy the old files to the new ones), but I had no improvement.

My computer is a Thinkpad 380-D with 32 mb of memory.

Do you know if I will solve my problem installing FP-32?

Any other hint?

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)

To send me Email, please remove ".nospam" from my Email address
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

Post by Gregory Barret » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Dear Friends:

> I installed FP-31 to my Warp 3.0 for Windows, already with FP-26, and
> Full Screen Win-os2 crashes my system after two or three minutes of
> running. The only way to recover it is to *power off* the computer,
> even Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work.

> Seamless Win-os2 is a lot more stable, I normally can work with it for
> a day without any problem.

> I reinstalled manually all my video, PCMCIA and sound drivers from
> FP-26 (the auto install of video, PCMCIA and sound drivers doesn't
> copy the old files to the new ones), but I had no improvement.

> My computer is a Thinkpad 380-D with 32 mb of memory.

> Do you know if I will solve my problem installing FP-32?

> Any other hint?

Juan: FP 32 does the same for me. its the keyboard driver I think. Using
the numeric keypad crashes Win-OS/2 full screen sessions, causes a TRAP
E error. I don't know of a work around yet. I'll let you know if I
stumble on to something.
--

1. I installed FP-31 to my Warp 3.0 for Windows (FP-26) and Full Screen Win-os2 crashes my system!

[...]

2. Location of FAQ for this group???

3. Full screen WIN-OS2 and screen savers

4. forcing ini files on NT?

5. Fix Pack 5 crashes Win OS2 full screen sessions

6. Printing to Samba problem, please help

7. WIN OS2 crashes in full screen Ahhhh!

8. E-Commerce Architect/Manager Position Available

9. FP 32 over Warp 3 and a full screen session of Win-OS2

10. Win32-OS2 opend full screen WIN-OS2 session?

11. Full Screen Win/OS2 = hung system

12. Fixpack 31 (warp3) and Fixpack 3 (warp4/merlin)

13. Slow printing in full screen WIN-OS2