Problems to Install Velocis OS/2 2.1 with LAN-Server 3

Problems to Install Velocis OS/2 2.1 with LAN-Server 3

Post by Softw.. » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I have been struggling trying to get the database Velocis 1.3.0 Beta 3 to
run on OS/2 2.1. LAN-Server and Velocis-Server are installed for NetBios.
After executing rds.exe it answeres with the final message "READY".
When I try to execute it with net start rds OS/2 shows the error
message "NET2186" (Control function for these services can not be executed).

I have also tried to install Velocis with LAN-Server named pipes. There
appears the same error.

When running login to the LAN Server I get the message "NET9853"(The user
id has not been added to the messages name).
It`s possible that the message services have not been started or the user id is used as message
name in the network.

I would like to get some assistance with this problem.

My system is as follows:

Siemens Nixdorf 486 DX (16 MB RAM )
OS/2 2.1
LAN-Server 3
Velocis Database 1.3.0 Beta 3

Any information...please respond to this or to my mailing address.

Thanks

Andreas Rahmann