"lockup" without a password.

Post by Ed Dant » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 08:42:03

I'd like to use the screen saver aspect of lockup but don't want top
have to remember another password.  I can't figure out how to do
this.

--
Edmond Dantes

Any wuss can choose not to smoke.  It takes a real man to face lung
        cancer.

"lockup" without a password.

Post by Bernhard Kohlha » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 18:58:42

: I'd like to use the screen saver aspect of lockup but don't want top
: have to remember another password.  I can't figure out how to do
: this.

I always use the <SPACE>-key as password (seems easy enough to remember).

: --
: Edmond Dantes

: Any wuss can choose not to smoke.  It takes a real man to face lung
:       cancer.

--
-------
Bernhard Kohlhaas

Disclaimer: I am (as usually) speaking for myself, not for SAP

"lockup" without a password.

Post by David Charl » Fri, 03 Jun 1994 08:03:52

>I'd like to use the screen saver aspect of lockup but don't want top
>have to remember another password.  I can't figure out how to do
>this.

It isn't possible.  You have two choices:

1) Give Lockup a trivial password, like "x".  Write the password down
   and tape it to the monitor if you can't remember "x".

2) Don't use Locup.  Download some other screen saver package from
   ftp.cdrom.com.  There are a number of them.  There are also some
   commercial ones.

---------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
David Charlap        | The contents of this message are not the opinions of

Visix Software, Inc. +--------------------------------------------------------
Member of Team-OS/2  |
---------------------+

"lockup" without a password.

Post by Gary Wai-Kei Y » Sat, 04 Jun 1994 21:56:55

Quote:>>I'd like to use the screen saver aspect of lockup but don't want top
>>have to remember another password.  I can't figure out how to do
>>this.

>It isn't possible.  You have two choices:

>1) Give Lockup a trivial password, like "x".  Write the password down
>   and tape it to the monitor if you can't remember "x".

>2) Don't use Locup.  Download some other screen saver package from
>   ftp.cdrom.com.  There are a number of them.  There are also some
>   commercial ones.

  I have setup the password as the spacebar and it is easy to
just type spacebar and enter to end the screen saver.
                                                                Gary

"lockup" without a password.

Post by Michael Brunet » Mon, 06 Jun 1994 04:11:10

Set the password to: <space>

That way all you have to do is hit the spacebar and then enter..

: I'd like to use the screen saver aspect of lockup but don't want top
: have to remember another password.  I can't figure out how to do
: this.

: --
: Edmond Dantes

: Any wuss can choose not to smoke.  It takes a real man to face lung
:       cancer.

1. "lockup" without a password

/I'd like to use the screen saver aspect of lockup but don't want top
/have to remember another password.  I can't figure out how to do this.

The answer is, unfortunately, no.  Lots of users don't want to retype password
whenever the system is locked up.  IBM should have provided a screen saver
without lockup.  I personally think it might be available on OS/2 2.2 since
some users have requested to end the screen saver by pressing any key.
Otherwise you may download a screen saver from ftp-os2.cdrom.com after
disabling the system lockup.  Give SSAVER12.ZIP a try.  That's excellent!

--
  Alaska is the dream belongs to you.

2. issue with domain

3. Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options

4. Invalid Path.... or Directiry not empty

5. OS/2 "Lockup" Utility and No Password

6. how to get programs not to start up on startup

7. "lockup" without a p

8. ANNOUNCE: A Parallel Sorting Algorithm With an Experimental Study

9. "lockup" without a pa

10. "lockup" without a passwo

11. Filename "lpt7", "com1" and "nul"

12. status = execlp("uzip4os2.exe", "c:\\in\\prot\\", "-o -j -q", zipFile);

13. No One Believes Serenity's "Boob" & "LoonyToony"