Web graphics and sound program program for OS/2?

Web graphics and sound program program for OS/2?

Post by Scott Vette » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00

   Is there an good OS/2 program to handle graphics for the web as well
as one for sound?

Web graphics and sound program program for OS/2?

Post by Chris Wenh » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>   Is there an good OS/2 program to handle graphics for the web as well
> as one for sound?

 Embellish is very good at doing graphics for the web, you can
download a demo copy at www.dadaware.com.

 GIMP is even better, but harder to get set up since it needs XFree
installed. We have published instructions for this, though, at
http://www.os2ezine.com/v4n4/

 For Sound, good luck. There is no serious sound editing software for
OS/2 that's better than what comes with OS/2 itself. Ceres Soundstudio
might have been, but it was awful when I tried it. Someone _might_ be
doing something with it in the future.

Regards,

Editor-In-Chief for OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/
The views expressed are mine.

Web graphics and sound program program for OS/2?

Post by Scott Vette » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Chris:

   Regarding the Ceres Sound Studio:  I downloaded a copy of it a while back
(a demo version) but how does one contact these folks?  The web site is for
some other product and when I contacted the vendor, they never heard of it.
Do you know of another contact?

Thanks,

Scott

Post by Luc Van Bogaer » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>   Is there an good OS/2 program to handle graphics for the web as well
>as one for sound?

Yes there are. I personally use Photo>Graphics Pro to do all my webstuff. But also take a look at
Embellish or SX Paint. Or you could try to install XFree86-OS/2 and install the Gimp which will give you
really everything you need. All programs are linked on my web site. Look in the applications section...

Luc Van Bogaert
OS/2 User Group Belgium
The Warped Site - http://users.pandora.be/luc.vanbogaert

1. OS/2 Programs, DOS Programs, Windows Programs

OS/2 2.x Programs:

Borland C++ for OS/2
Cset ++
Gnu C++ (emx-0.8f)
Info zip and unzip
Kermit
Gnuplot
Tetris and Minesweeper
HPC (Hewlett-Packard Calculator)
Various Gnu Utilities
Various Number Crunching Programs

Windows Programs

Gradebook
Mathcad 3.1
Windows DVI Previewer

DOS Programs

Quicken 5.0
MS Word 4.0
TeX (SBTeX)
Norton Utilities
Autosketch 3.0
Publish It 2.0
Borland C++ 3.1
Grammatik 5
WordSearch Bible Program

Michael Courtney

2. intercept break key.

3. How to code: PM Programming, WP Programming, or UICL Programming?

4. mysql vs xp home edition vs xp professional

5. WEB: API documentation on the Web! (programming)

6. tapes etc

7. Want a new OS/2 presentation graphics program?

8. Minuet Frequently Asked Questions

9. ripscript graphics in a os/2 comm program

10. CorelDraw or other Graphics program for OS/2

11. Free demo of TrueSpectra Light (OS/2 graphics program)

12. Scientific graphics programs for OS/2?

13. Borland Graphics Interface BGI DOS programs under OS/2