good conversion program

Post by Jesus M. Rodrigu » Thu, 08 Jul 1993 10:11:45

I would like to know of a good conversion program to convert SUN audio file (*.au)
to Wave files (*.wav)  any ideas?

Jesus

good conversion program

Post by Timothy F. Sippl » Thu, 08 Jul 1993 11:59:27

Quote:>I would like to know of a good conversion program to convert SUN audio file (*.au)
>to Wave files (*.wav)  any ideas?

I believe the Sox utility (available via anonymous ftp from
ftp-os2.cdrom.com) will perform this conversion (and others).

--
Timothy F. Sipples       |READ the OS/2 FAQ List 2.1A, available from

of Chicago, 60637        |[Post to ONE newsgroup only AFTER reading the List.]

good conversion program

Post by Engineering Undergrad Socie » Thu, 08 Jul 1993 17:00:55

     There is a program called SOX that can be found on Hobbes for both
dos and os/2.  The current os/2 version is called soxv7p9.zip I believe.
I just got taken out of the incoming directory.  I'm not usre where it is
now.  I can convert several types and do several effects, such as resampling
at different rates.  This is useful for storing sound files, as they take up
less space at a lower sample rate.  I wrote a rexx script that uses sox to
take a file stored at 8kHz sampling and convert it to 22kHz then play it,
and then erase the temp files.  That is located in os2/2_x/mmedia.

Its called cplayv10.zip

Kevin

1. Weird Programming Problems - errors from good good

This weekend I was converting a colorful graphics program written for
OS/2 - Vio full screen graphics to DOS full screen, (My daughters
machine still uses dos/windoze) and ran into an interesting problem
and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever encounter something like
this before.

After replacing the vio calls with dos graphics functions I got an
error message that when something like: found a { but expected a ;.

I looked thought all the code and could find anything wrong so I
started remarking out sections and compiling. When the following code
was remarked out the program compiled without error (of course it did
run.

      if ((y<200) && ((_getpixel(x,y)!=GROUND) || (t<prl)))  {
         _setcolor(0);
                   _setpixel(prt[p][2],prt[p][3]);
         _setcolor(prt[p][5]);
                   _setpixel(x,y);

                   prt[p][2]=x;
                   prt[p][3]=y;
                   prt[p][4]=t;
                }
           else {  prt[p][4]=-2; }

The thing that is strange is that I retyped it in just like it was
(is) and it worked. when I remarked the new section, unremarked the
old, same error. Could there have been a character embedded in the
file which didn't show on the screen causing the problem?

Reminded me of a program I wrote years ago in a computer math class in
college. It was a short, maybe 40 lines, GW-basic program with several
imbedded for-next loops. I kept getting a "next without for" message.
The numbers of for matched the number of next. The proffessor couldn't
figure it out either but when I left the last next out, it worked.
(FWIW my syntax was simple next not next i so that wasn't a problem. I
did try to match them that way also but kept getting the same error).

William

http://www.texas.net/~wharvey
team-OS2

2. Dual Monitor troubles.

3. A good newsreader and a good mail program

4. Postponement of IJCS Special Issue on Parallel and Distributed Simulation Systems

5. netflow Packet loss

6. Graphics Conversion: GIF|JPEG --> BMP --> shows up good, but hope to do better

7. ASPs will not run on PWS

8. Q: Which graphics conversion program?

9. Conversion program for K&R C to ANSI C

10. Conversion program for K&R C to Ansi C

11. .INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

12. Date conversion program