Star Division not home...

Post by Cliff Fellow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I cleared enough space on my hard drive to download SO 5.* and now I
can;t seem to get on to their web page. Has anyone else had this problem
or have they moved/closed/gone on vacation/out for a beer/lunch ??? I've
tried for three days +.

Feeling queezy!

Star Division not home...

Post by OS/2 Fa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Cliff,
Try going to the following
http://support.us.stardivision.com/Registration/DownloadReg.asp?*Opera
tion+System=08&Operation+System=08&*Language=01:49:33:39

Fill in the blanks as simply as possible; to get SO5 working, you
will have to replicate your answers *exactly* and it's a real pain.
Once you're done, print out the confirmation and/or save it or the
downloaded product will be useless if you make a single mistake.
Then you're set to download.  Good luck; I like SO5 for its
compatibility with Powerpoint from MS Office 97 and the correct
price.

Regards,
Xtralarge OS/2 fan
Opinions expressed are mine only.  Ignore them and
killfile me.  Leave the University alone, I don't speak for them,
they have nothing to do with it, and they probably have
more lawyers than you anyway.

Star Division not home...

Post by Cliff Fellow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Cliff,
> Try going to the following
> http://support.us.stardivision.com/Registration/DownloadReg.asp?*Opera
> tion+System=08&Operation+System=08&*Language=01:49:33:39

> Fill in the blanks as simply as possible; to get SO5 working, you
> will have to replicate your answers *exactly* and it's a real pain.
> Once you're done, print out the confirmation and/or save it or the
> downloaded product will be useless if you make a single mistake.
> Then you're set to download.  Good luck; I like SO5 for its
> compatibility with Powerpoint from MS Office 97 and the correct
> price.

> Regards,
> Xtralarge OS/2 fan
> Opinions expressed are mine only.  Ignore them and
> killfile me.  Leave the University alone, I don't speak for them,
> they have nothing to do with it, and they probably have
> more lawyers than you anyway.

  Nope, no response..... well there's always Lotus.
I wonder if there's a problem with my ISP? Hmmm..

Star Division not home...

Post by Winfried Tilan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I can still reach them at:

http://209.0.29.180/os2/index.html

Winfried

* To reply by e-mail: remove X
* http://web.inter.NL.net/users/Winfried/
* PGP Key fingerprint = DF2297517A9E84A1 9FACB6 3C8918D451

Star Division not home...

Post by James Mo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I cleared enough space on my hard drive to download SO 5.* and now I
> can;t seem to get on to their web page. Has anyone else had this problem
> or have they moved/closed/gone on vacation/out for a beer/lunch ??? I've
> tried for three days +.

    Try www.stardivision.com.
    I downloaded the product yesterday. (It's 72 MB!)
    The only problem I had was with Netscape Comm/4 terminating the transfer
before it was done. I ultimately FTP'd to the German site and got it that
way.

Star Division not home...

Post by Adrian T Stace » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On my screen as we speak... make sure you use ALL the URL, half of it is
word wrapped in my reader.

Adrian

> > Try going to the following
> > http://support.us.stardivision.com/Registration/DownloadReg.asp?*Opera
> > tion+System=08&Operation+System=08&*Language=01:49:33:39

>  Nope, no response..... well there's always Lotus.
> I wonder if there's a problem with my ISP? Hmmm..

1. IBM & Star Division

I just read in a local computer magazine "Toronto Computes"
that IBM intends to sit on it's licence to distribute Star
Divisions Star line of products.

The author express his opinion that "IBM is shooting itself in the
foot" and I concur.  OS/2 users what the opportunity to chose which
software they wish to buy (the more the merrier).

IBM should at least sell the licence if nothing else.

2. Bill Gates on Frasier

3. InternetGate not @Home with @Home.

4. PowerVault 725N vs. standard hard drive

5. Star Calc / Star Chart graphing capability

6. HP Jetadmin on OS/2 - Problem

7. Star Office for OS/2 NOT to be GPL'ed...

8. sending group emails

9. Star Office May Not Be Dead!

10. OS/2 & After Dark -- Star Trek... not working.

11. Merlin's Focus: Not the home user!

12. transferring files home->office->home

13. "OS/2 is not for the home consumer" - IBM