Installing network support after fresh install

Installing network support after fresh install

Post by Guy Noir - private e » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:45:32

I just did a fresh install of Warp4 on my Thinkpad760xl and works fine. Problem
is, none of the network stuff got installed since I have a PCMCIA NIC that has
to be set up after the base install. What do I need to run to install
TCPIP/MPTS and peer support? I've got the Warp4 CD image on my D: drive and I'd
rather not go through the trouble of making disks of all I need.

Delete the obvious (Aolsucks) to reply.

No matter what your view of the war is, It's your obligation as an American
citizen to Support Our Troops !

Installing network support after fresh install

Post by Alex Taylo » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 00:29:03

Quote:> I just did a fresh install of Warp4 on my Thinkpad760xl and works fine. Problem
> is, none of the network stuff got installed since I have a PCMCIA NIC that has
> to be set up after the base install. What do I need to run to install
> TCPIP/MPTS and peer support? I've got the Warp4 CD image on my D: drive and I'd
> rather not go through the trouble of making disks of all I need.

Run INSTALL.CMD from the root directory of the CD.

--
Alex Taylor
http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

Post by Guy Noir - private e » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:49:40

>On 05 Jun 2003 05:45:32 GMT, Guy Noir - private eye

>> I just did a fresh install of Warp4 on my Thinkpad760xl and works fine.
>Problem
>> is, none of the network stuff got installed since I have a PCMCIA NIC that
>has
>> to be set up after the base install. What do I need to run to install
>> TCPIP/MPTS and peer support? I've got the Warp4 CD image on my D: drive and
>I'd
>> rather not go through the trouble of making disks of all I need.

>Run INSTALL.CMD from the root directory of the CD.

>--
>Alex Taylor
>http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

All this does is reruns the initial setup part where I can configure hardware
and select compents to install. It does not add the networking items.

Delete the obvious (Aolsucks) to reply.

No matter what your view of the war is, It's your obligation as an American
citizen to Support Our Troops !

Installing network support after fresh install

Post by William L. Hartzel » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 06:42:24

Sir:

Quote:

> No matter what your view of the war is, It's your obligation as an American
> citizen to Support Our Troops !

What war?  The next one or the last one?  There will always be one of each.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!

Installing network support after fresh install

Post by Alex Taylo » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:05:42

Quote:>>Run INSTALL.CMD from the root directory of the CD.

> All this does is reruns the initial setup part where I can configure hardware
> and select compents to install. It does not add the networking items.

If that's what happens, then the wrong program is getting executed.
Try specifying the full drive letter and path e.g.

[G:\WARP4CD]G:\WARP4CD\INSTALL.CMD

--
Alex Taylor
http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

1. FP1 wont install on a fresh Warp 4 install (re-install).

Help!

Recently re-installed Warp 4.  Had problems I thought were from having too many
improper shutdowns.

Did a LONG format of the HPFS partition, re-installed Warp 4, re-installed Matrox
drivers (2.040 i think), re-installed M$ Office, EccoPro (16 bit) and the most recently
released Netscape/2.

When I try to do use the web version of the fix...which I had done successfully once
before...I get a quick (under 10% installed) message saying the process is complete
and it is cleaning up.  I press "ok" and then a SYS3170 (not 3175) error message
pops; it's the DOSCALL1.DLL problem.

I purposely did NOT log on to Netware before begining the FP install process.  I got the
error,  thinking it was related to Netware (??) and then logged on to NW and made
an explicit logoff.

Re-tried, same error.

The error happens when working from the SOFTWARE UPDATES (WEBEX) and when
I use NS/2 (after downloading the unzip.dll (\tcpipp\dll dir) and the rsuinst.exe
(\netscape dir) files.

'Been looking through Frank McKenny's "Applying Service to OS/2 Warp (nice doc!!),
but so far haven't seen what I'm doing wrong.

Obviously I'll be going over the doc again tonight, but if you have any clues...I'm
ACCEPTING!!!

Thanks!

Clif

2. $$$ SUN $$$

3. Need help with Lotus GO Web Server install on a fresh WSEB Install

4. VueScan 7.5b3 bug report

5. Installing NetScape without Networking Support installed...

6. software Freedom of Choice Petition

7. Fresh Install - Large HD support

8. InvalidCastException thrown on Datagrid EditCommand

9. Warp Install of Networking (selective install) fails!!!

10. Need to do a fresh install of Warp 3...What do I need to keep?

11. Errors with FXP 5, fresh install

12. Error with FXP 5 after fresh install

13. This is driving me nuts - WrpSrv4eBiz "Missing Softdraw" after fresh Install !!!