Dos & WinOs/2

Post by Didier LAUNA » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have just installed OS/2 Connect (blue) on my computer (P100, chipset
triton, Miro22SD, CDROM Hitachi 7730). The installation succeed, but
when OS2 boots, after the presentation screen, I have the error message
:
SYS1200 Code error :0002
It can't create a Dos session, neither Win session.

In the user book, there is a help for the "SYS1200", but not with the
0002 code error.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
Didier Launay.

Dos & WinOs/2

Post by Trevor Hemsl » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

:>
:>Hi,
:>
:>:
:>SYS1200 Code error :0002
:>It can't create a Dos session, neither Win session.
:>
:>In the user book, there is a help for the "SYS1200", but not with the
:>0002 code error.
:>
:>Can anyone help me?

Yes, use Selective Install to reinstall DOS support and this should fix this.

Trevor Hemsley

1. Reinstall DOS & WinOS/2 without ruining Video?

Had some time ago been trying to get RealPlayer
to work. So I dug up instllation instructions somewhe-
re telling me to install a new version of the "DOS-Box".

Sometimes that gave weird effects after that so I de-
cided to remove the DOS-box and re-install it using the
standard selective install. At the same time I wanted to
test an Win 3 app to create eBiz Sites. So I decided also
to re-install WinOS/2. This is on a PC with an S3 AGP card.

After the install everything had been reset to standard VGA
16 colors at 640x480 (men, that is ugly, we are getting spoiled).
No way to to set it at other resolutions and color-depths left. Now
to prevent me to having to redo the video-card install (see question
in comp.os.os2.setup.video) am I doing anything wrong? Is the DOS
& WinOS/2 selective install supposed to mess about with my graphics?

Regards from Leeuwarden
Peter van Dobben de Bruijn
---

----

2. cout << left, streambuf, iostream

3. WinOS/2 in DOS + Twain in WinOs/2

4. zoom xp with lisp ?

5. WinOS/2 & DOS support problem

6. MGL library for OS/2 ready!

7. 2.1 & WinOS/2 & SBPro <The real deal>

8. Announcement: Rug Warrior Mobile Robot Web Ring

9. WinOS/2 & Corel 3.0 & Deskjet 550C -> crash

10. 2.1 & WinOS/2 & SBPro <Th

11. Seamless WinOS/2 trouble (Re: Netscape(WinOS/2) Voxware CODEC VXD crashes MS Encarta (MSACM.DRV))

12. 2 WinOS/2 or not 2 WinOS/2

13. Small DOS windows under Winos/2