HELP! SB-16MCD & OS/2

Post by Wayne » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 22:54:37

I'm running OS/2 2.1 (I'm waiting for Warp and WIN-OS/2) with a
SB-16 MCD and a Sony CDU-33A CD-ROM.

I managed to set everything up and get it all running.  However, when
I boot up OS/2 in boot manager, most of the time OS/2 is unable
to correctly set up my SB-16 or my CD-ROM.  In order to get things work-
ing, I need to boot up in DOS (boot-manager) and use the DOS drivers
for these devices and then reboot into OS/2.  After doing that,
everything works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Wayne

PS.  Please reply directly and I'll post a summary.

1. HELP! SB-16MCD & OS/2

Wayne,

I have a SB16-MCD with a Mitsumi double speed and it works great right
out of the box (well, I did need a beta driver for the CDROM).  The sound
card should be recognized, I know it is supported.  I am running Warp so
maybe it's just a case of you aren't using the most up to date drivers.
Try the SB BBS, they probably have the latest drivers.

Regards,

Eric

2. ie 5.0 -- too slow

3. Help w/ SB-16 CD-ROM & OS/2 Installation

4. cor.idl anyone?

5. Creative Labs BBS or SB Pro & CD-ROM drivers OS/2 2.1

6. AGZ Theme Park Demo (help!)

7. NEW SB drivers [failure to work with SB and IRQ 5 ]

8. WIC-2T and Cisco 26xx Series Routers

9. SB 16 - Almost got in in Win-OS/2 (HELP!)

10. SB CDRom & PNP IRQs

11. MIDI & SB AWE32

12. Dungeon Master & SB, no go

13. SB Pro & Multimedia Upgrade