Printer Driver

Post by Joseph E. Butts - US » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have an Epson Stylus Color II.  The only driver I have been able to
find so far is the Stylus color omni driver.  Their must be some
difference, the Stylus color prints fine but when the color II prints
the color is dull, like the ink is almost out.  Epson didn't seem to care
too much since the windows driver and printer work fine.  Can anyone
help????? thanx in advance if you can:)

                        joe

Printer Driver

Post by Robert Harve » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

 I just bought a Epson Color Stylus II myself. I have yet to install it.
Is the "Stylus color omni driver" you mentioned the same then as the
"omni" driver I have been hearing about? I thought there was just the omni
driver which kinda supported all color injet printers

 Robert

> I have an Epson Stylus Color II.  The only driver I have been able to
> find so far is the Stylus color omni driver.  Their must be some
> difference, the Stylus color prints fine but when the color II prints
> the color is dull, like the ink is almost out.  Epson didn't seem to care
> too much since the windows driver and printer work fine.  Can anyone
> help????? thanx in advance if you can:)

>                    joe

Template Software                        Herndon, VA

1. Printer Driver Problems/Ghostscript as Printer Driver?

Hi!

I'm one of many frustrated people, having problems to get decent
printer output from a HP 850C. After trying IBMs OMNI457 which
produced very ugly output, I tried to set up a postscript printer
driver and then use printmon and ghostscript 3.51 to convert the
postscript to my HP. Althoug GS has only 550C support, it creates much
better results than the OMNI.  Nevertheless I have some troubles with
it:

- Which ps-printer is the best to chose for color printing with gs? I
don't know the differences between the various psdrivers. With some
drivers I get errors in gs, because of some special features which gs
of course doesn't support.

- I'm having problems with printing from PMView0.92. I get a sys3175
in pscript.drv and gs doesn't do anything.

- Does anyone know the email address from HP? I've only found the www
url. I want to complain that such a big company as HP doesn't want to
support OS/2. I can't imagine that porting their driver to OS/2 is not
possible for them. I think there exist enough people out there who
have a HP and OS/2 installed and are VERY dissatisfied.

- Is there a way to get the specs for the printer language (HP PCL 3 I
think). I really want to know, how B/W-Ret and c-RET is implemented
but I haven't found anything. One or more url's with some usefull
information would be appreciated.

- ciao Phil.

2. Question Re:SG320 Optional Audio Card

3. MSDE Deployment

4. Problems with IBM42XX printer driver and 4072 Execjet printer after installing Warp

5. TCL/TK on HP-UX

6. Two printer drivers to same printer port --How?

7. Web Based MSN Messenger

8. Are there OS/2 printer drivers for HP Deskjet 600 series printers?

9. Wanted: OS/2 printer Driver for DEC LPS 20 Laser Printer

10. printer driver for Citizen 120D printer ??

11. Need printer driver for an Epson FX-100 printer or equiv.

12. Printer driver for Okidata 400e laser printer??