FP1 wont install on a fresh Warp 4 install (re-install).

FP1 wont install on a fresh Warp 4 install (re-install).

Post by ba... » Thu, 01 May 1997 04:00:00

Help!

Recently re-installed Warp 4.  Had problems I thought were from having too many
improper shutdowns.

Did a LONG format of the HPFS partition, re-installed Warp 4, re-installed Matrox
drivers (2.040 i think), re-installed M$ Office, EccoPro (16 bit) and the most recently
released Netscape/2.

When I try to do use the web version of the fix...which I had done successfully once
before...I get a quick (under 10% installed) message saying the process is complete
and it is cleaning up.  I press "ok" and then a SYS3170 (not 3175) error message
pops; it's the DOSCALL1.DLL problem.

I purposely did NOT log on to Netware before begining the FP install process.  I got the
error,  thinking it was related to Netware (??) and then logged on to NW and made
an explicit logoff.

Re-tried, same error.

The error happens when working from the SOFTWARE UPDATES (WEBEX) and when
I use NS/2 (after downloading the unzip.dll (\tcpipp\dll dir) and the rsuinst.exe
(\netscape dir) files.

'Been looking through Frank McKenny's "Applying Service to OS/2 Warp (nice doc!!),
but so far haven't seen what I'm doing wrong.

Obviously I'll be going over the doc again tonight, but if you have any clues...I'm
ACCEPTING!!!

Thanks!

Clif

1. HELP - Can't Install (Re-Install) Warp

 OS/2 prompt, run FDISK, then add the OS/2 partition to the Boot Manager menu. Reboot from the hard drive and you should be in busin=
ess again.

I did that and still no luck. I suspect something is wrong with the boot manager
installation. I"m working from copies, and maybe They got hosed.

I'll try from the originals (or make new copies).

The exact message I get right after the re-boot following disk 6 is
    Operating System Missing, System halted.

*  Robert F. Solomon               *  Don't assume that I     *
*  NASA - Lewis Reserach Center    *  know what I am talking  *

2. Urgent Requirement------------------C, HTML/CGI, AIX Developer.........

3. Help - Can't Install (Re-Install) Warp

4. short circuiting remote calls

5. Installing network support after fresh install

6. Senior Network Engineer Position

7. Need help with Lotus GO Web Server install on a fresh WSEB Install

8. Compile broken: mysql-3.23.38/mit-pthreads

9. Install (re-install) question

10. BUG REPORT - WebX 1.02 Install forces re-install of AU support

11. Need to do a fresh install of Warp 3...What do I need to keep?

12. Installing Warp 4 fresh on a 2.1 GB drive

13. Fresh Install of Warp Connect Doing Funny Things