WARP Connect's PPP, working ?

Post by Manzoor ul Hassa » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I know that the PPP that was provided by IBM as the update software
Package has been taken away, aparently because the latest version was not
working. I've noticed that PPP comes pre-installed in the latest WARP
Connect packages, both for and with Windows. Is this version working with
Dial-Up ?

-Manzoor.
-http://www.commuter.net/hassan

WARP Connect's PPP, working ?

Post by swat.. » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I know that the PPP that was provided by IBM as the update software
>Package has been taken away, aparently because the latest version was not
>working. I've noticed that PPP comes pre-installed in the latest WARP
>Connect packages, both for and with Windows. Is this version working with
>Dial-Up ?

It is working fine for me! The weird part is that
I couldn't get it to keep any of my old parsing
script (for dynamic IP). It just kept deleting it.
though it parses any way.

Who'd have guessed?

Now if I can just get sendmail to work, It's been queueing
my emails quitely and refuces to beleive I have a tcp con
going, and says It can't find message files.

Steve Watson

WARP Connect's PPP, working ?

Post by j.. » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I know that the PPP that was provided by IBM as the update software
>Package has been taken away, aparently because the latest version was not
>working. I've noticed that PPP comes pre-installed in the latest WARP
>Connect packages, both for and with Windows. Is this version working with
>Dial-Up ?

>-Manzoor.
>-http://www.commuter.net/hassan

IBM posted a new version of PPP for Warp that works. I know because I
use it to connect to my Internet Service Provider. To get it, FTP to
ftp.ibm.net, change directory to pub/PPP, and get PPP.ZIP.

Please note that these directory and file names are case sensitive.

Good luck.

Jon

WARP Connect's PPP, working ?

Post by Karl Rent » Tue, 19 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: >I know that the PPP that was provided by IBM as the update software
: >Package has been taken away, aparently because the latest version was not
: >working. I've noticed that PPP comes pre-installed in the latest WARP
: >Connect packages, both for and with Windows. Is this version working with
: >Dial-Up ?
: >
: >-Manzoor.
: >-http://www.commuter.net/hassan

: IBM posted a new version of PPP for Warp that works. I know because I
: use it to connect to my Internet Service Provider. To get it, FTP to
: ftp.ibm.net, change directory to pub/PPP, and get PPP.ZIP.

: Please note that these directory and file names are case sensitive.

: Good luck.

: Jon

Yes the dailer works just fine and dandy with Connect.  The latest version
on the IBM gopher site also worked just fine with Warp.  Your choice.

1. WARP Connect PPP cmd dialing doesn't work?

:>
:>  I recently upgraded to WARP Connect and the dialer cmd that I had under
:>WARP doesn't work anymore.  The dialer that comes with WARP/Connect works
:>fine, but the command line dialer does not, even though the output from
:>SLATTACH looks identical.  The command line dialer dials the ISP, connects
:>and even gets the IP addresses assigned okay.  But WARP Connect doesn't
:>recognize the connection.  If I attempt any communication WARP Connect
:>indicates there is no connection, even though my ISP has assigned IP's.  The
:>mailer can't get POP address, WE reports no connection to the internet, ping
:>and finger fail, etc.  Anybody got any ideas?

Open the Dial Other Internet Providers application, Select the item for you
provider, at the lower middle of the first page you will see your login
sequence window. Click in this and then click on the help button. you will
get a help dialog that explains how to do what you are looking for. You can
use a response file to do this, or set it up directly in the login sequence
window.

I hope this points you in the right direction. As a possible method, you may
be able to simply paste these lines into the login sequence window and see
what happens.

[LOGINID]
ssword:
[PASSWORD]
[$IPADDR]

First line sends your loginid as soon as you get a connect, if you neeed to
send a newline code add a line '\r' and a line 'name:' or the tail end of the
prompt that the modem server sends to you to ask for your password.

I hope the above has helped.

-Rusty

The opinions expressed above have no relation to the opinions of my employer.
Depending upon my condigon they may not have an relatives to my own oponions.
Read the above notice at your own risk.

         ###
        #~ ~#
--ooOO^-(o o)-^OOoo--------------------------------------------------------------
----------U----------------------------------------------------------------------
|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
   |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |

2. Was (How many copies of 3.1 do you have?)

3. Watchpoints and OSX

4. Os/2 connect dial'up ppp to connect to RAS NT SERVER ppp

5. NetRenameMachineInDomain and AD

6. Os/2 connect dial'up ppp to connect to RAS SERVER NT ppp

7. CD R Drivers

8. Os/2 connect dial'up ppp to connect to RAS NT SERVER ppp

9. OS/2 Connect Dial'up (ppp) to connect to RAS NT SERVER ppp

10. Os/2 connect dial'up ppp to connect to RAS NT SERVER ppp

11. Warp Server - new Warp Connect LAN client won't work!

12. Os/2 connect dial'up ppp to RAS NT SERVER ppp