No Win95 at my College

Post by SMCHRI » Sun, 18 Aug 1996 04:00:00

department of Macalester College in St. Paul, MN:

"CIT has documented a number of serious compatibility problems with
Windows 95, particularly in connecting to the campus network and
accessing networked services. The recurring joke about Windows 95--
'hey, that's not a bug in the software; it's a feature!"--is all too accurate.

After serious consideration, CIT has determined that we cannot offer
support for Windows 95 at this time. Users are strongly warned against
using this operating system, unless you are prepared to work on your
own without CIT documentation, training, Help Desk expertise and
staff troubleshooting...."

Here's a college with a couple thousand students that won't touch
Windows 95 nearly a year after its release.

Now if they could only be talked into using OS/2.

1. Need URLs to articles on NOS

Can someone please point me to URLs that contain articles comparing
Netware, WindowsNT and OS/2 Warpserver.  Articles comparing two out of the
three would be acceptable.  Please respond by email.

TIA
Peter K. Reilly

Using OS/2 Warp 4.0
& PMINews

2. what did Alice walk the shopkeeper against the fat tag

3. NOS review in May 30 PCMAG -- scalability, once again

4. Commodore CP/M disks

5. SLIP: How? (NOS?)

6. What's wrong with getting 100Mbps hub?

7. KA9Q NOS and Warp ?

8. vtruck.exe

9. PM-NOS problem

10. OS/2 NOS/NET/ka9q Question

11. New NOS Groups - WAS Re: VOTE: New Novell Subgroups

12. NOS Comparison

13. Configuring nos or pmnos for OS/2 slip connection on modem.