Unexpected DOS error:23

Post by Scott Bagge » Fri, 12 May 1995 04:00:00

I'm receiving an "Unexpected DOS error:23" in a couple of windows
apps under WARP.  This happens in either windowed or full screen
mode.  I've installed corrective services XR0W005 and no help there.

Anyone with ideas or comments on this?  OS2 Warp is slowly taking
a front seat on our systems edging out Windows NT as a platform.  If
I could get around this, I'd whole heartedly endorse it...

Thanks,

Scott Baggett
Entre Computer Center, Data Applications, Inc.
Fayetteville, AR

Unexpected DOS error:23

Post by Bill Spindl » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm receiving an "Unexpected DOS error:23" in a couple of windows
>apps under WARP.  This happens in either windowed or full screen
>mode.  I've installed corrective services XR0W005 and no help there.

IMHO the program might expect a higher level of win32s support than that provided
through Warp (1.2??). At least that is what happened with one program I tried
to install.

Bill Spindler.....        Antarctican
Obviously, my opinions are mine!

Unexpected DOS error:23

Post by John P. McDona » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>I'm receiving an "Unexpected DOS error:23" in a couple of windows
>apps under WARP.  This happens in either windowed or full screen
>mode.  I've installed corrective services XR0W005 and no help there.
>Anyone with ideas or comments on this?  OS2 Warp is slowly taking
>a front seat on our systems edging out Windows NT as a platform.  If
>I could get around this, I'd whole heartedly endorse it...

A friend of mine got this one when trying to start Adobe PhotoShop
under Warp.  Can't remember what his solution was - I will forward
your post to him and see what comes back.

1. Unexpected DOS Error:23

I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
Win32 bit support is loaded?

Any help kindly accepted . .

Gordon Newell
Registered user of many fine OS/2 applications: Describe, Faxworks, ZTBold,
Neologic News/FTP, FontFolder 2.0, KWQ Mail/2, VisPro REXX, Object Desktop,
Toyland, MR/2 ICE, iLinkl/2 and let's not forget WARP 4.0.

2. WPShell exposions ...

3. Unexpected DOS Error: 23.

4. deleted file

5. WinDraft by IVEX, Unexpected Dos Error 23

6. Text to Speech

7. "Unexpected Dos error 23"

8. negative index?

9. WINOS2: Unexpected DOS-error:23 - What is wrong?

10. Unexpected DOS error: 23

11. Mathcad 5.0+ : 'unexpected Dos Error :23'

12. Win-OS2: Unexpected DOS error: 23 ????

13. Unexpected DOS error: 23