FTP/WEB: **IMPORTANT** hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime

FTP/WEB: **IMPORTANT** hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime

Post by archi.. » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Okay, just to warn everyone:

hobbes.nmsu.edu will be down from Friday, 4/4/97 at 8:30 AM MST to sometime on
Monday, 4/7/97, for a major hardware upgrade (sorta).  Any transfers active
when the system goes down *will* be cut off.  Please use one of the mirror
sites (listed on the HOBBES homepage) this weekend.

As a result of this downtime we will have 4 gigabytes of storage space, rather
than 2, and will be able to upgrade the system to as much as 8 gigs total on a
single filesystem.  (Currently the archive is limited to 2 gigs on a
partition.)

--
Joshua Shagam, Hobbes OS/2 Archive Maintainer

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu

1. WEB/FTP: IMPORTANT: Hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime

Due to problems with AIX (the operating system HOBBES runs), we are going to
have to take the archive offline for a while. Hence, we are going to have some
scheduled downtime, tentatively starting on Friday, April 4, 1997 at an
unspecified time (assume it's after 6:00 AM, Mountain Standard Time), and
ending sometime the following Monday. During this time, HOBBES will be
completely inaccessible, and you will have to use one of our mirror sites
(listed on the homepage). This downtime is necessary in order to increase the
available file space, as well as migrating the multimedia directory. Thank you
for understanding.

The HOBBES homepage is at http://hobbes.nmsu.edu.

Joshua Shagam

2. HPGL2 Language Question

3. OS/2 Archives (was: Hobbes.nmsu.edu downtime)

4. Security Requirement Assessment

5. annonymous ftp from hobbes.nmsu.edu

6. Multiplayer problems

7. WWW indexes to ftp.cdrom.com and hobbes.nmsu.edu

8. ftp hobbes.nmsu.edu

9. WWW indexes to ftp.cdrom.com and hobbes.nmsu.edu

10. Below Zero Catalogue on ftp-os2.nmsu.edu (hobbes)

11. hobbes.nmsu.edu no longer being maintained?