Newsreader/2 v1.07

Post by tat.. » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 01:23:46

Can anyone tell me why the NR2 upgrade fails to find or create the /kill directory
and then aborts?
This version is automaticaly downloaded & installed via the "Retrieve Updates"
icon.
Version 1.03 (the original) works just fine.
If there is another source for this upgrade (other than "updates.gopher.ibm.com),
could  someone be so kind as to post it?

                               thanks... Terry

Newsreader/2 v1.07

Post by @ » Sat, 31 Dec 1994 02:57:23

Quote:>Can anyone tell me why the NR2 upgrade fails to find or create the /kill directory
>and then aborts?
>This version is automaticaly downloaded & installed via the "Retrieve Updates"
>icon.
>Version 1.03 (the original) works just fine.
>If there is another source for this upgrade (other than "updates.gopher.ibm.com),
>could  someone be so kind as to post it?

As a guess, are you using SLIP rather than SLIPPM?
I have the same failure, and decided that SLIPPM sets up
names that v1.07 uses in a directory tree.
You are not just missing KILL, you are missing the userid level
below it.

If anybody has a work-around, please post.
Mine is not working yet...

 - Robert Mitchell

Newsreader/2 v1.07

Post by Merrell Lasti » Sun, 01 Jan 1995 05:23:45

>>Can anyone tell me why the NR2 upgrade fails to find or create the /kill directory
>>and then aborts?
>>This version is automaticaly downloaded & installed via the "Retrieve Updates"
>>icon.
>>Version 1.03 (the original) works just fine.
>>If there is another source for this upgrade (other than "updates.gopher.ibm.com),
>>could  someone be so kind as to post it?

>As a guess, are you using SLIP rather than SLIPPM?
>I have the same failure, and decided that SLIPPM sets up
>names that v1.07 uses in a directory tree.
>You are not just missing KILL, you are missing the userid level
>below it.

>If anybody has a work-around, please post.
>Mine is not working yet...

> - Robert Mitchell

Use NetSuite TCPIP Utilities. Has an Excellent NEWS reader
along with a pretty good FTP and an excellent GOPHER.

         `"""'
         |. .|
+----oOOo--U-oOOo--------------------+--------------------------------------+

|President / Programmer              | TELNET : twinturbo.ais.net           |
|TwinTurbo Software, Inc. (c) 1994   | DIALUP : (708) 250-0125              |
+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
                                 | "After 3 Days without programming, |
                                 |  life becomes meaningless..."      |
                                 +------------------------------------+

1. NewsReader/2 v1.07

I am experiencing a problem with NR/2. When I select an article
in the Article List window and the Article window is minimized
(closed) it doesn't open. The article is loaded but I have to open
it from the WindowList before I can read the article I selected.
Is this a problem with my system or with NR/2?

PS! I am connecting with PPP.

2. collaborative filtering software--where?

3. NewsReader v1.07 information

4. Eudora Headers

5. NR/2 v1.07 bug: won't save 'from' field

6. RCD-1000... Help!

7. NR/2 v1.07 problems.... Please help!

8. Reports bug in Money99

9. NR/2 v1.07 FTPable?

10. NR/2 v1.07 for tcpip?

11. Bug Report: NR/2 v1.07 - Article window fails to repaint

12. SOFTWARE: InterFTP v1.07 released (FTP Client)

13. NR/2 v1.07 deletes mail from host