Convert .INF to .TXT

Post by Peter Feldman » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

Any suggestions as to the best way to convert OS/2 .INF files to plain old
text files?  I'd like to prin them out as ASCII, rather than use the
original authors' ideas on page formatting  (sometimes 3-5 lines of text /
page).   :-)

_Peter

Peter Feldmann          *       Blue Dalmatian Productions

Convert .INF to .TXT

Post by Matthias Goeb » Sun, 19 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Any suggestions as to the best way to convert OS/2 .INF files to plain old
>text files?  I'd like to prin them out as ASCII, rather than use the

ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/incoming/unh202.zip

--
BYE/2

                Matgos OS/2-Forum  http://www.teuto.de/~matgo/os2forum.html

Convert .INF to .TXT

Post by Don Hawkins » Sun, 19 May 1996 04:00:00

comp.os.os2.misc

f> Any suggestions as to the best way to convert OS/2 .INF files to
f> plain old text files?  I'd like to prin them out as ASCII, rather
f> than use the original authors' ideas on page formatting  (sometimes
f> 3-5 lines of text / page).

There was a file on hobbes that would convert an INF file to plain
text, but I cannot remember the name.  You will need to do a search
thru the index file.

I usually use the Services option to copy the file to the clipboard or
to a file if it is too large for the clipboard.  When it is copied, it
is plain ascii.  I paste the text from the clipboard into a utility
that lets me mark non-contigious lines of text so I can do a one pass
edit of the text in the clipboard.

---

--

Convert .INF to .TXT

Post by Herb Bro » Sun, 19 May 1996 04:00:00

>comp.os.os2.misc

>f> Any suggestions as to the best way to convert OS/2 .INF files to
>f> plain old text files?  I'd like to prin them out as ASCII, rather
>f> than use the original authors' ideas on page formatting  (sometimes
>f> 3-5 lines of text / page).

>There was a file on hobbes that would convert an INF file to plain

Quote:>text, but I cannot remember the name.  You will need to do a search

 ^^^^  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>thru the index file.

> [..., snip, snip, ...]

>---

>--

You may be thinking of infcnb86.zip, which converts INF (or HLP)
files to TXT. There is also infhtm9b.zip, which converts the same
two types to HTML.

Herb

--

 Math Dept,  The Univ at Albany,  Albany, NY 12222

1. converting OS/2-txt to WIN-txt (ASCII-ANSI)?

Hi,
is there a tool which converts OS/2 textfiles to Win-txtfiles and vice versa?

There are certain characters that change when exchanging data between the two platforms (German Umlauts, for example).
I think this has to do with ASCII and ANSI. But I'm not an expert in this.

Any help?

Thanx,

Stefan

2. ??? I'm looking for evaluation board for the SH3 from Hitachi ???

3. .INF to .TXT conversion u

4. Redirection of My documents

5. TXT or INF info needed

6. Open port PIX 501

7. TXT -> INF: Thanks!

8. TI85 wanted

9. Emx/gcc and .inf to .txt

10. .INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

11. .INF to .TXT conversi

12. INF to TXT converter

13. .INF to .TXT conversion utility