A good book for 2.1??

Post by Eric Bos » Sat, 08 May 1993 01:05:50

Hi in a previous post I stated that I was going to get 2.1 when it came
out, and now I have gotten all the answers I wanted. However I need
something to wet my appetite until June, so can anybody reccommend a good
book on OS 2 / 2.1??

-Eric

A good book for 2.1??

Post by Timothy F. Sippl » Sat, 08 May 1993 02:41:20

>Hi in a previous post I stated that I was going to get 2.1 when it came
>out, and now I have gotten all the answers I wanted. However I need
>something to wet my appetite until June, so can anybody reccommend a good
>book on OS 2 / 2.1??

"OS/2 2.1 Unleased," available in almost any bookstore with a computer
books section, is highly regarded among network readers.  There are
many fine titles on the market, though, so you should find something
you'll like.

By the way, you can now order OS/2 books online through Greater
Chicago Online (the Chicago-area OS/2 BBS; see the FAQ List for
details).  GCO has very competitive prices.

--
Timothy F. Sipples       |READ the OS/2 FAQ List 2.0L, available from

of Chicago, 60637        |[Post to ONE newsgroup only AFTER reading the List.]

A good book for 2.1??

Post by Jonathan Edwar » Sat, 08 May 1993 07:07:39

>Hi in a previous post I stated that I was going to get 2.1 when it came
>out, and now I have gotten all the answers I wanted. However I need
>something to wet my appetite until June, so can anybody reccommend a good
>book on OS 2 / 2.1??

OS/2 2.1 Unleashed.

A good book for 2.1??

Post by Steve Withe » Sat, 08 May 1993 11:26:04

> Hi in a previous post I stated that I was going to get 2.1 when it came
> out, and now I have gotten all the answers I wanted. However I need
> something to wet my appetite until June, so can anybody reccommend a good
> book on OS 2 / 2.1??

> -Eric

I would recommend - as i am sure others have - "OS/2 2.1 Unleashed". I have
had a look at the book and was lucky enough to meet one of the authors (David
Kerr of IBM, Boca) earlier this week at an OS/2 seminar put on for customers
by IBM.

David Kerr knows what he is talking about. He is also a planner of OS/2 's
future......

Steve

--
Steve Withers Wellington, New Zealand | Wellington OS/2 Users Group meets

MMP supporter and OS/2 2.1b (March)   | (next door to the new Parliament

1. Good book on OS/2 2.1

Hi, I am looking for a book that will give me a good background
plus practical tips and hints on installing/working with
OS/2 2.1.

As you may or may not recall, I am in the process of putting
a 486DX-40 system together, and have selected OS/2 as my
primary OS (friends don't let friends do DOS/Windoze.)

I read the os2.faq, and the recent article in Byte (Nov 93)
about OS/2 and stuff; however I am still confused about various
aspects of dualboot/boot manager, and how I should organize
the hard drive.  I plan to have a dedicated HPFS partition
for the swap file (as suggested by the Byte article,) and
a FAT partition, an one meg partition for the boot manager,
and devote most of the WD 345 to HPFS.

I noticed a book called _OS/2_2.1_Unleashed_, and it looks
kinda good, but I have no basis of comparison.

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

--
Jimmy Shaw                  RamFast, (ZipGSX-less), and System 6...Apple II

2. Axil Computer, anybody heard of them?

3. Recommend good books on OS/2 2.1!

4. Port # for PWS

5. Recommendations for good OS/2 2.1 Programming BOOK ???

6. "Application CEMGRC has made an illegak operation....."

7. Books, books and more books

8. QNX and Windows

9. OS/2 2.1 Unleashed (the book)

10. FS: CSet++ 2.1 and various programming books

11. Books for OS/2 2.1

12. book about Programming the OS/2 2.1 Presentation Manager