Warp 4 successfully installed... Now what? (Fix packs?)

Warp 4 successfully installed... Now what? (Fix packs?)

Post by Marc » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:47:00

Hello all...

        I've had OS2 for a while; I tried to install it quite a few
times in the past (started in the days of v. 3) without much success
at the time, too many equipment related problems.

        Well, I tried again recently with other equipment, and I
finally got it to work. But now what? I remember in the past there was
a lot of talk about fix packs.. Do I have to find them all and install
them all, or just the last one, or just the ones I need, ..?

Thanks

Marc

P.S. The above email may not work... Registrar problems...

Post by Wes newel » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:08:23

> Hello all...

>         I've had OS2 for a while; I tried to install it quite a few
> times in the past (started in the days of v. 3) without much success
> at the time, too many equipment related problems.

>         Well, I tried again recently with other equipment, and I
> finally got it to work. But now what? I remember in the past there was
> a lot of talk about fix packs.. Do I have to find them all and install
> them all, or just the last one, or just the ones I need, ..?

The last one wanted will suffice. Exception being that the device drivers
now have there own fixpak, 002 being the latest, although I've seen
mention of 003.

  w.newell.vcf
< 1K Download

Warp 4 successfully installed... Now what? (Fix packs?)

Post by Oliver Ric » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:30:00

Quote:>         Well, I tried again recently with other equipment, and I
> finally got it to work. But now what? I remember in the past there was
> a lot of talk about fix packs.. Do I have to find them all and install
> them all, or just the last one, or just the ones I need, ..?

The latter. :-)
See the site in the signature.

   /Olli/
--
WarpUpdates International/Deutschland
http://www.warpupdates.de/ => http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne.de/

Post by at » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 05:59:03

> Hello all...

>         I've had OS2 for a while; I tried to install it quite a few
> times in the past (started in the days of v. 3) without much success
> at the time, too many equipment related problems.

>         Well, I tried again recently with other equipment, and I
> finally got it to work. But now what? I remember in the past there was
> a lot of talk about fix packs.. Do I have to find them all and install
> them all, or just the last one, or just the ones I need, ..?

> Thanks

> Marc

> P.S. The above email may not work... Registrar problems...

All warp3  fix packs include all earlier fix packs. The latest (and
last) fix pack for warp3 is FP40 (there is an advanced version of
warp3 that is up to FP43, and the "normal" warp 3 versions can be
fooled into allowing that to install, but I don't recommend that).

You can get the fix packs at:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/os2/fixes/v3.0warp/english-us/

(back up a directory for other languages).

I also suggest that you look through the New User section at:

http://www.os2ss.com/

for some help about how to go about installing fix packs.

Feel free to ask specific questions, if you need more help.

Hope this helps...
--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
doug.bissett at attglobal.net