injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Antonio Relye » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
        I have been running injoy for quite some time, however, when I want
to run a DOS/Win-OS/2 TCP/IP utility (such as RealPlayer) I can't.  I can not
use literal addresses (ie. www.cowsanddogs.com) but it WILL work with numeric
addresses (133.43.22.2).  However, if I disconnect and reconnect with the IBM
Dial Up tool (DOIP) then everything works as it should.  What do I need to do
with Injoy to make it work?

Tony.

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Michael W. Cock » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Enter the correct addresses for your nameserver into the Injoy Dialer.

>Hello,
>    I have been running injoy for quite some time, however, when I want
>to run a DOS/Win-OS/2 TCP/IP utility (such as RealPlayer) I can't.  I can not
>use literal addresses (ie. www.cowsanddogs.com) but it WILL work with numeric
>addresses (133.43.22.2).  However, if I disconnect and reconnect with the IBM
>Dial Up tool (DOIP) then everything works as it should.  What do I need to do
>with Injoy to make it work?

>Tony.

    Please note:  My Email and web page addresses are changing in January 2000.

                      The web page is at http://www.catherders.com

                    Because network administration is like herding cats.

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Antonio Relye » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Enter the correct addresses for your nameserver into the Injoy Dialer.

nice try, but I ain't THAT stupid.

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Lorne Sunl » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,
>    I have been running injoy for quite some time, however, when I want
> to run a DOS/Win-OS/2 TCP/IP utility (such as RealPlayer) I can't.  I can not
> use literal addresses (ie. www.cowsanddogs.com) but it WILL work with numeric
> addresses (133.43.22.2).  However, if I disconnect and reconnect with the IBM
> Dial Up tool (DOIP) then everything works as it should.  What do I need to do
> with Injoy to make it work?

Check to see if the file "RESOLVE" is present
in the directory \TCPIP\DOS\ETC and contains
the correct nameserver addresses.

The WINOS2 and DOS TCP/IP applications
use this file to find out what the nameserver
addresses are. If the file does not contain
the correct addresses names will not be
resolved correctly.

AFAIK - DOIP writes out this file, maybe Injoy
is not doing this.

--

Lorne Sunley

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Denver » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Hello,
>    I have been running injoy for quite some time, however, when I want
>to run a DOS/Win-OS/2 TCP/IP utility (such as RealPlayer) I can't.  I can not
>use literal addresses (ie. www.cowsanddogs.com) but it WILL work with numeric
>addresses (133.43.22.2).  However, if I disconnect and reconnect with the IBM
>Dial Up tool (DOIP) then everything works as it should.  What do I need to do
>with Injoy to make it work?

>Tony.

make the SET ETC= statement in your autoexec.bat file look exactly like the
one in your config.sys file..
that way both Warp AND win apps look to the same resolv file (the one that
InJoy updates *every* connect)
this little tip is well documented in InJoy's online Often Asked Questions
page..
(I don't have the address handy, but it should be found somewhere below
www.fx.dk/injoy)

and, if you still have problems look in userguid.txt for "SET ETC=" and you
will eventually find info on resolv2, which may or may not help..

and, if all else fails join the free InJoy mail list

--
DenverD AT ibm DOT net
All addresses are anti-spam spoofs...you gotta fix'em up to mail me...sorry!

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Tom Perret » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>make the SET ETC= statement in your autoexec.bat file look exactly like the
>one in your config.sys file..
>that way both Warp AND win apps look to the same resolv file (the one that
>InJoy updates *every* connect)

My *.SYS says SET ETC=C:\MPTN\ETC

and

my *.BAT says SET ETC=c:\tcpip\dos\etc

so you are saying that I should
change my *.BAT to read SET ETC=C:\MPTN\ETC   ????

tom

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Antonio Relye » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>>make the SET ETC= statement in your autoexec.bat file look exactly like the
>>one in your config.sys file..
>>that way both Warp AND win apps look to the same resolv file (the one that

>. . .

>so you are saying that I should
>change my *.BAT to read SET ETC=C:\MPTN\ETC   ????

Yes, use MPTN.

Tony.

injoy and dos/win TCPIP

Post by Denver » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>>make the SET ETC= statement in your autoexec.bat file look exactly like the
>>one in your config.sys file..
>>that way both Warp AND win apps look to the same resolv file (the one that
>>InJoy updates *every* connect)

>My *.SYS says SET ETC=C:\MPTN\ETC

>and

>my *.BAT says SET ETC=c:\tcpip\dos\etc

>so you are saying that I should
>change my *.BAT to read SET ETC=C:\MPTN\ETC   ????

>tom

yes..

sorry it took me so long to answer...
been busy..

--
DenverD AT ibm DOT net
All addresses are anti-spam spoofs...you gotta fix'em up to mail me...sorry!

1. NETBIOS for TCPIP v2.0 + DOS/Win acc kit no DOS NB access?

Am I missing something, or did I forget to _buy_ another piece of
SW to support NetBIOS in DOS sessions.  The NB install seemed to go OK
and NBTCP can be run, but thereis no trace of NB in the dos boxes.

Oh yeah... CKermit 191 apparently recognizes the netbios support, but
when one trie]s to make a connection, it always rejects the host
name as already being in use by another node...

thx, kk

2. Voltage for Expression Pedal

3. IAK DOS/Win access from TCPIP 2.0: how?

4. test

5. tcpip in DOS/WIN-OS2

6. CD/RW

7. TCPIP 3.0 and DOS-Win Apps

8. Can I make the cursor in a RichTextBox disappear completely?

9. Problems w/DOS-WIN TCPIP

10. LS4 OS/2 - DOS/Win TCPIP Access

11. Does TCPIP DOS/Win Support work in Merlin?

12. TCPIP DOS/Win access

13. TCPIP 4.3 trap fix for Injoy