Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Martin Warnet » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I changed from WebExplorer to Netscape for OS/2 recently. I was
> disappointed that of all plug-ins (115) that are available, non is for
> OS/2. Can you use plug-ins for Win3.1 while using Netscape for OS/2. Or
> do you simply have to refrain from plug-ins as long as you you use
> Netscape for OS/2?
> --
> Eric P. Visser

> private:
> Van Heemskerckstraat 10
> 6512 GN Nijmegen, the Netherlands
> voice phone: (+31)-(0)24-3235423

> work:
> Philips Semiconductors B.V.
> Product Goup Transistors & Diodes, room G0.021
> Gerstweg 2, 6534 AE Nijmegen, the Netherlands
> voice phone: (+31)-(0)24-3532197 (direct)
>              (+31)-(0)24-3539111 (through operator, ask for beeper
> 130)
> telefax: (+31)-(0)24-3534007

Please checkout my home page below. There are native OS/2 plugins
available for Netscape Navigator for OS/2. If you have a specific plugin
that you want to see available for OS/2, please contact the developer.
It is beyond our control, we will offer whatever developer assistance we
can, but it is up to the plugin developer.

Limited Win 31 plugin support is available under OS/2. Again checkout my
home page for more info.

Martin Warnett
OS/2 Development
Netscape Communications Corp.
Mountain View, CA
(415) 937-3452

http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Eric Visse » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I changed from WebExplorer to Netscape for OS/2 recently. I was
disappointed that of all plug-ins (115) that are available, non is for
OS/2. Can you use plug-ins for Win3.1 while using Netscape for OS/2. Or
do you simply have to refrain from plug-ins as long as you you use
Netscape for OS/2?
Eric P. Visser

private:
Van Heemskerckstraat 10
6512 GN Nijmegen, the Netherlands
voice phone: (+31)-(0)24-3235423

work:
Philips Semiconductors B.V.
Product Goup Transistors & Diodes, room G0.021
Gerstweg 2, 6534 AE Nijmegen, the Netherlands
voice phone: (+31)-(0)24-3532197 (direct)
             (+31)-(0)24-3539111 (through operator, ask for beeper
130)
telefax: (+31)-(0)24-3534007

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Alex Chapm » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I changed from WebExplorer to Netscape for OS/2 recently. I was
>disappointed that of all plug-ins (115) that are available, non is for
>OS/2.

The master list of plugins on the Netscape home page doesn't seem to
include any OS/2 plugins yet, but there are a couple.
 http://budgetweb.com/os2/plugins.html

Quote:>Can you use plug-ins for Win3.1 while using Netscape for OS/2. Or
>do you simply have to refrain from plug-ins as long as you you use
>Netscape for OS/2?

The plugin pak available at the same place you downloaded Netscape
Navigator for OS/2 Warp provides some ability to use Windows 3.1
plugins, but there seem to be lots of problems. Check the above URL
for more details of others experiences.

--- The original LIST of low cost web space providers
--- Hints and tips for using Netscape Navigator for OS/2 Warp

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Nicky Morro » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I changed from WebExplorer to Netscape for OS/2 recently. I was
> disappointed that of all plug-ins (115) that are available, none is for
> OS/2.

Hmmm...There are at least 5 OS/2 plug-ins that I'm aware of and more
on the way.

Quote:> Can you use plug-ins for Win3.1 while using Netscape for OS/2.

Yes, this is explained in the docs that come with the PlugPak. I use
Shockware for Win 3.1 here, it installed fine and works well.

For additional hints:

http://budgetweb.com/os2/plugins.html

Nick

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Nicky Morro » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Please checkout my home page below. There are native OS/2 plugins
> available for Netscape Navigator for OS/2. If you have a specific plugin
> that you want to see available for OS/2, please contact the developer.
> It is beyond our control, we will offer whatever developer assistance we
> can, but it is up to the plugin developer.

> Limited Win 31 plugin support is available under OS/2. Again checkout my
> home page for more info.

> http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw

Just a note to say "nice site."

Thanks

Nick

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Steve Marv » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

:>
:>
:>> Please checkout my home page below. There are native OS/2 plugins
:>> available for Netscape Navigator for OS/2. If you have a specific plugin
:>> that you want to see available for OS/2, please contact the developer.
:>> It is beyond our control, we will offer whatever developer assistance we
:>> can, but it is up to the plugin developer.
:>>
:>> Limited Win 31 plugin support is available under OS/2. Again checkout my
:>> home page for more info.
:>>
:>> http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw
:>> -----------------------------------------------------------
:>
:>Just a note to say "nice site."
:>
:>Thanks
:>
:>Nick

I'd rather do without than use a win plugin!

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Andrew Lewi » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> >[...]
> Please checkout my home page below. There are native OS/2 plugins
> available for Netscape Navigator for OS/2. If you have a specific plugin
> that you want to see available for OS/2, please contact the developer.
> It is beyond our control, we will offer whatever developer assistance we
> can, but it is up to the plugin developer.

> Limited Win 31 plugin support is available under OS/2. Again checkout my
> home page for more info.

> --
> Martin Warnett
> OS/2 Development
> Netscape Communications Corp.
> Mountain View, CA
> (415) 937-3452

> http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw

Last night I tried installing the IBM plugpack over Netscape for
OS/2 on Warp 3.0. When I tried to reboot an exception in the SSM
device driver was trapped. Many thanks to Martin for his hint to
backup MMOS2 before the install - I was able to retrieve the old
SSMDD.SYS and get a running system again.

I subsequently tried running Netscape and tested some of the
plugins on a page known to contain Shockwave code. An error
message was generated telling me 16 bit Netscape plugin support
requires Warp 3.0 fixpack 26.

I have two questions:

Was the problem with the device driver caused by my attempt to
load onto a system without fixpack 26, ie. if I install this
fixpack is it likely the new device driver will work and the
plugins will work?

Can anyone tell me if there are any "gotchas" with fixpack 26
such as to give me second thoughts about installing it?

Andrew

Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

Post by Jay Scham » Mon, 10 Feb 1997 04:00:00

writes:
:>Please checkout my home page below. There are native OS/2 plugins
:>available for Netscape Navigator for OS/2. If you have a specific plugin
:>that you want to see available for OS/2, please contact the developer.
:>It is beyond our control, we will offer whatever developer assistance we
:>can, but it is up to the plugin developer.
:>
:>Limited Win 31 plugin support is available under OS/2. Again checkout my
:>home page for more info.
:>
:>
:>--
:>-----------------------------------------------------------
:>Martin Warnett
:>OS/2 Development
:>Netscape Communications Corp.
:>Mountain View, CA
:>(415) 937-3452

:>http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw
:>-----------------------------------------------------------

I just checked out your Webpage.  Very nice and it answered my questions about
installing plug-ins.  I've put off installing anything except the IBM plug-in
pack because I thought it would be too much hassle to sort it all out.  Well,
I'm going to try and get some of them installed now (I'm downloading Acrobat
right now).  Good job on the webpage and NS/2 also!!  :-)

| Jay Schamus

| "Meanwhile to the northwest, storm clouds gather over the
|  new Barad-Dur.  The Dark Lord stirs..."

1. Netscape Navigator for OS/2 Plug-Ins problem

The first time a sound comes up using the plug ins it works fine, but any
tries afterwards in the same Netscape Navigator for OS/2 session, I get a
"Unable to open the multimedia device.  MMPM2 internal error (system return
code=0x139D)"..  Does anybody knows anything about it?

I've got Warp 4 with fixpak #1 and a Sound Blaster 32..

- At WARP speed, Windows should not be open. -

2. About @home in Atlanta

3. Netscape and Win16 Plug-ins???

4. C# dll with VB6 client

5. Netscape sound plug-ins

6. MSDN going downhill

7. Netscape plug-ins

8. Netscape Plug-ins

9. Netscape plug-ins

10. netscape plug-ins

11. Netscape Plug-ins

12. Cyno's Editor 2.0 supports Java plug-ins!