Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options

Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options

Post by <PJC.. » Sat, 22 Jan 1994 23:52:11

says:
Quote:

>When right clicking on the Workplace shell, you should get a menu that
>has these choices:
[...]
>                Lockup now
>                Shut down
[...]

>I am not getting that menu, but have recently been getting:
[...]
>                Move
>                Create Shadow

[...]

I ran into this just yesterday.  I had repartitioned my hard drive so I
could use Boot Manager, and did a backup/restore with a Colorado tape drive,
using the (DOS) TAPE.EXE program.  (I realized too late that this program
does not back up the extended attributes files; the file names are illegal
for DOS.)

The best I could figure is that OS/2 then saw Desktop as a regular folder.
I ended up reinstalling, but that isn't entirely satisfactory...  whenever
I do a new install, I lose either or both command lines (DOS or OS/2)... it
says that it "can't open    ".

I have no idea how to fix that problem.

Post by <RICH.. » Sat, 22 Jan 1994 21:39:47

When right clicking on the Workplace shell, you should get a menu that
has these choices:

                Open         ->
                Refresh Now
                Help         ->
                Create Shadow
                Lockup now
                Shut down
                System setup
                Find...
                Select       ->
                Sort         ->
                Arrange

I am not getting that menu, but have recently been getting:

                Open           ->
                Refresh now
                Help           ->
                Create another ->
                Copy
                Move
                Create Shadow
                Find
                Select         ->
                Sort           ->
                Arrange

The only way I can shut the system down (short of rebooting or turning it off)
is to leave OS/2 through dual boot.

Has anyone run into this problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

P.S. There is a keyboard technique for shutting down which uses alt+shift+tab
and so on.  That method will not bring up the shutdown routine either.
(This is OS/2 2.1)

Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options

Post by H. D. Knobl » Sat, 29 Jan 1994 00:50:33

There is an IBM fix for the problem of not having the three WPS options
(Lockup, Shutdown, System Setup). Contact the IBM Support Center. We did
and the fix they sent fixed our problem - permanently.