Unexpected DOS error: 23

Post by Markus Quan » Sat, 23 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>(Dammed if I've ever seen an "Expected error, you idiot..." message,
>but still.)  I get the above message when trying to run Mathcad
>from a WinOS2 session, full-screen or windowed.  It used to work until
>the OS/2 drive died and I had to re-install OS/2.   The actual Mathcad
>files weren't re-installed, since they were on another drive; they
>run correctly from Windows 3.1, which is on that drive.  I've given
>all the settings I think it needs, and it shouldn't be short of space.

>Anyway, the message baffles me; I can't find it in any of my references.
>Anyone got a clue handy?

>Will

Looks very much like a problem with Win32s support.
Which version does mathcad require? Is this Warp4 or Warp3 with WinOS/2 you
are running, so that all Win3 specific setup files were on
X:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2 ?
If so, you have to reinstall the Win32s stuff which is NOT the same as Warps
built in support for Win32s - the latter only allows the former to work.

If you are using Warp 3 for Windows, that is, you have a native Win 3.1x
incorporated as "WinOS/2" (which would officially be the wrong terminology,
in fact), then the Win32s files probably reside somewhere in the X:\WINDOWS\*
directory structure, and something else is wrong.

Hope this gives you a clue where to look.

Bye, MQ

Zentralarchiv fuer empirische Sozialforschung, Koeln
postal address: Institut fuer Angewandte Sozialforschung
Greinstr. 2 - Universitaet zu Koeln - 50923 Koeln  -  GERMANY

1. Unexpected DOS Error:23

I have just installed an app under WinOS2 (Warp 4.0) and when I attempt to run
it I get "unexpected Dos error: 23".

Me thinks the app requires Win32 (not sure - not mentioned). How do I tell if
Win32 bit support is loaded?

Any help kindly accepted . .

Gordon Newell
Registered user of many fine OS/2 applications: Describe, Faxworks, ZTBold,
Neologic News/FTP, FontFolder 2.0, KWQ Mail/2, VisPro REXX, Object Desktop,
Toyland, MR/2 ICE, iLinkl/2 and let's not forget WARP 4.0.

2. Help: Font size and GDI scale problems

3. Unexpected DOS error:23

4. How to make an event disappear from code editor event drop down list ...

5. Unexpected DOS Error: 23.

6. AppleTalk priv CDA

7. WinDraft by IVEX, Unexpected Dos Error 23

8. 1601 connected with DCE/DTE Cable to other 1601 but not pingable !

9. "Unexpected Dos error 23"

10. WINOS2: Unexpected DOS-error:23 - What is wrong?

11. Unexpected DOS error: 23

12. Mathcad 5.0+ : 'unexpected Dos Error :23'

13. Win-OS2: Unexpected DOS error: 23 ????