script for IAK with PPP?

Post by ewink.. » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I hate to say it, but I was able to get my PPP connection to work with Trumpet Winsock
 under WFW 3.11, but I can't get a complete connection with IAK.  Does anyone know
 what my rsp file should look like in order to authenticate my PPP account.  I think
 this has to do with a PAP, easily found in Trumpet.  Also I can't get winsock to
 work under Warp, I always get a * Trap error 3.  Any Ideas?
Emails are welcome.

Eric Winkler
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences
University of Massachusetts - Amherst

Comments expressed herein are mine, and do not reflect the views of the University
 or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

script for IAK with PPP?

Post by Larry Nom » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I hate to say it, but I was able to get my PPP connection to work with Trumpet Winsock
> under WFW 3.11, but I can't get a complete connection with IAK.  Does anyone know
> what my rsp file should look like in order to authenticate my PPP account.  I think
> this has to do with a PAP, easily found in Trumpet.  Also I can't get winsock to
> work under Warp, I always get a * Trap error 3.  Any Ideas?

>Emails are welcome.

The script usually looks something like below, and one of the *
little "gotchas" is not pressing CR (Enter) at the end of each line
when you type it in.   If you use the down arrow or mouse to put
the cursor on the next line you won't have a CR at the end of the
previous one.

The "\r" below means "press return" (enter) and is often necessary
to get the attention of the server program.   Apparently the response
file processor looks for a match to "username>"  anywhere in the line
and then sends my userid in response.  You get the idea.

\r\r
username>
larryn
password>
xxxxxxxx
keys:
5

Quote:>Eric Winkler

-Larry Nomer

script for IAK with PPP?

Post by Ken All » Sun, 01 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I hate to say it, but I was able to get my PPP connection to work with Trumpet Winsock
> under WFW 3.11, but I can't get a complete connection with IAK.  Does anyone know
> what my rsp file should look like in order to authenticate my PPP account.  I think
> this has to do with a PAP, easily found in Trumpet.  Also I can't get winsock to
> work under Warp, I always get a * Trap error 3.  Any Ideas?
>Emails are welcome.

>Eric Winkler
>Department of Plant and Soil Sciences
>University of Massachusetts - Amherst

>Comments expressed herein are mine, and do not reflect the views of the University
> or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

I had no problem getting trumpet to work in a Warp WinOS/2 session. It
works fine either in a full-screen or a seamless WinOS/2 session. Just
be sure that your path statement points to directory that contains
trumpet's winsock.dll before it points to OS/2's winsock.dll file. You
can do this by using a custom "autoexec.bat" in the Dos Settings
notebook. I have Trumpet 2.1f. I have used it with Eudora, Mirc, Free
Agent, Ws_ftp, Netscape, etc. My modem is a Supra 28.8 and it is on
Com2.

Now, as for getting Warp OS/2's IAK internet applications  to do
anything useful, I will just wish you a lot of luck. I assume that
they can be made to work with the Advantis Service, but that is not
available in my city. I have never been able to use the Warp IAK stuff
with my ISP and a PPP account. I have put many hours into trying and I
will continue to try to make it work whenever I want to enjoy some
"self inflicted pain". However, when I want to use the Internet, I
will just use Trumpet Winsock -- or.... better yet, I will use
Windows-95 and its built in Internet apps. They work to perfection and
they were very easy to set up.

Good luck,

    Ken

script for IAK with PPP?

Post by Tony Bearm » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

 > Now, as for getting Warp OS/2's IAK internet applications  to do
 > anything useful, I will just wish you a lot of luck. I assume that
 > they can be made to work with the Advantis Service, but that is not
 > available in my city. I have never been able to use the Warp IAK
 > stuff with my ISP and a PPP account.

Check out http://www.direct.ca/os2 for PPP updates and scripts (redial,
multiple round-robin numbers) that really work with the IAK dialer. Internet
access is also quite easily automated if you're REXX handy, using RxFTP and
RxUtil functions. Both of these packages are readily available.

            Courtesy is contagious. Pass it on. Please.

Tony.

1. Example IAK script ...for PPP or SLIP

Can anyone email me or post an example script that have
got to work to connect to their internet provider please?

Using the unix shell with them is no problem, but since most
of the providers customers use windows, they haven't yet
sorted my problem out.

When the modem connects there are about 6 lines of welcome text, and then:

CISNETblazer login: ********  etc..

I'm using a USR 28.8 V.34 Sportster if that helps with a Pentium-90

Any help would be great!

thanks..James
--

    *boing*

2. Urgent !! Event handling for COM in ASP.net

3. IAK PPP Command Script Problems

4. DS5100 boot / startup newbie q?

5. Anyone using a *.CMD login script with IAK PPP?

6. Can I make parabolic curves?

7. PPP Script for OS/2 IAK

8. Motif FAQ (Part 1 of 9)

9. IAK PPP *.CMD script, part II