1. Filebar 1.80: A bug (maybe) and a Question (may be a bug too)
Today I had just selected "Edit Filebar Menu" when my
wife came along with something I needed to add to my datebook. So
I dragged the Ecco (Windoze) window over to the center of my desk
(I had kept just a corner of it showing) and opened up a dialog
box to add an appointment. Now all this was happeneing a little
slowly because OS/2 was having to look in the swap file for
So the two dialog boxes came up on top of each other, and when I
clicked on and Ecco button, the focus was really in filebar, even
though the Ecco dialog box was the one that was showing. Suddenly
the Filebar box was showing through (in patches) and when I tried
to drag it aside, the image moved (or pieces of it did) but the
hot locations for the buttons didn't seem to. A ghost image
remained in the original locatio, with some of the buttons, and
some of them seemed to work and others didn't--in particular, I
couldn't find the Cancel button and clicking where I thought it
ought to be didn't work.
So I drug the second image back where it was and managed to find
the hotspot for the still invisible cancel button, at which point
I was left with the Ecco dialog box and did my business.
I'm not sure this is Filebar's fault. I suspect that OS/2 just
managed to present itself with more than it could handle. But I
don't know enough about the details of wither to be sure. Bizarre
, and I probably couldn't reproduce it if I tried! Probably never
The question: which may also be a bug:
I drop a WPS object into the hole in the Add object dialog box,
it diappears, I close the edit boc, and I try to start the object
up from the filebar menu. (I am running filebar hidden.) I get
told that it can't find the object. The path is something like
C:\desktop\Bruce's_\ which is indeed the folder the object (not
the .exe) is in. This is Filebar 1.8; I just downloaded 1.81 and
haven't tried it yet. Am I doing something wrong or is filebar?
Maybe I should add the name of the object to the path? The name
is in the name field in the Add Object Dialog Box, but it doesn't
get put on the path. THe documentation just says drag and drop.
2. need way to point users to logon share, unique problem
3. (maybe) why 8514 is having such a hard time
4. Start up Shell Truncation Problem
5. WARNING: Warp v5 Video driver bugs maybe in common code
6. V8 Sendmail & MIME-compliant mailer...
7. EPM (maybe 6.0...maybe earlier)
8. single-spacing within bib. entries, double between them?
9. APM. Maybe, maybe not...
10. I found an inexpensive scsi card....maybe. :-) ###
11. Ultimal refresh inbox, maybe, maybe not
12. IBMDEV32.DLL bug? Or maybe Deskpic?
13. Mouse Bug or Feature maybe it's a two in one combo