Msg: "Cannot send message for zero seconds"

Msg: "Cannot send message for zero seconds"

Post by Ronald Wipling » Thu, 27 Oct 1994 10:27:07

What does it mean:

>Date: Wed, 26 Oct 94 09:01:50 +0800
>From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
>Full-Name: Mail Delivery Subsystem
>Subject: Returned mail: Cannot send message for zero seconds

Is this message from my end or from the receiver?
Must *I* correct something, or just send later again?

Ronald Wiplinger    [Taipei, 24h online]
servers: ftp, telnet, talk,
finger for more info (address, pgp key, .....)
Tel.: +886 2 609-0652      Fax: +886 2 600-0132

1. Error sending mail - Cannot send message for zero seconds

:>
:>I've started getting an increasing number of cases where mail is returned
:>with the following message:
:>

:>  Subject: Returned mail: Cannot send message for zero seconds

:>
:>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
:>  250 mhs.attmail.com.tcp... 250 Deferred
:>
:>     ----- Unsent message follows -----
:>  ... {remainder deleted}
:>
:>I remember seeing a post on this problem about 2 months ago.
:>Since I had never encountered the problem, I didn't save it.
:>However, the suggested fix involved a change to "sendmail.cf".
:>Thinking the problem might be due to a send timeout, I added
:>Or2h
:>to "sendmail.cf", which didn't fix the problem.  Likewise,
:>Or99s
:>didn't fix it either.  I've looked through all the faqs I can
:>find that might apply, but no luck.
:>
:>Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.
:>
:>
:>

The correct entry is 'OT10h' for trying for 10 hours or 'OT3d' for 3 days.
Just make sure you put it in the right place alphebetically.

2. Oracle to TAO via IIOP (help!)

3. Sendmail: Cannot send message for zero seconds

4. Speccy Snapshots

5. Returned mail: Cannot send message for zero seconds

6. NEW PRODUCT . . IMMERSION PROBE, 3D HUMAN INTERFACE TOOL

7. "void*" cannot be converted to "xxxxx*"

8. Download of Windows Media Player upgrade

9. I cannot sending mail using "Dial Other Internet Providers"

10. UltiMail can receive mail, but cannot send when using "TIA" connection

11. Win/OS2 "Cannot open message file" error

12. "Cannot display message" problem using Seagate Backup for OS/2

13. Backup gives "...cannot write to the write-protected A: drive" message!