Printing to a Linux Server

Post by Harold Henke » Mon, 14 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to set up printer services to my Linux server..  I entered
the
server address of the Linux server in the Printer pages of the TCP/IP
setup
and have been trying to get the LPD0 port running but no luck..  Am
using a
generic postscript driver that should work.

Warp 4 ===>  Red Hat 4.0

IP address for the Warp machine is in the hosts.lpd file on the Linux
server.
No "rs" entry in the printcap so user name should not matter.

If anyone has been successful please email me and I'll get back to you
with some specific questions re Linux and Warp setup.

Printing to a Linux Server

Post by John Summerfie » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

]I am trying to set up printer services to my Linux server..  I entered
]the
]server address of the Linux server in the Printer pages of the TCP/IP
]setup
]and have been trying to get the LPD0 port running but no luck..  Am
]using a
]generic postscript driver that should work.

]Warp 4 ===>  Red Hat 4.0

]IP address for the Warp machine is in the hosts.lpd file on the Linux
]server.
]No "rs" entry in the printcap so user name should not matter.

]If anyone has been successful please email me and I'll get back to you
]with some specific questions re Linux and Warp setup.

I'm "pretty sure" the setup described in the HomeLAN section of my web
    apges works. Certainly printing Linux to OS/2 works here, and I think
    I did OS/2 to OS/2 using TCP/IP at some time. Can't recall for certain
    whether I did OS/2 to Linux though I probably did.

Cheers
John Summerfield
Perth, Western Australia
OS2 support, IBM ftp search, LAN configuration info

1. LPR printing to Linux print server

Hi!

I'm trying to print from OS/2 V4 (FP5) to a Linux box running LPRng using
LPR. I've got the latest LPR from frp.software.ibm.com. but I'm still unable
to print. I get the following error message:

The entire document was sent. server reports the error: lp: file
'cfA450tp760.vcc.com112' name format not [cd]f[A-Za-z]NNNhost LPR failed with
return code -20011.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Christian

2. Moving Generated GUI code

3. Warp 4 as Print Server for Linux

4. Help! Inotes: Out of Range Exception - \SSTREAM.CPP:167

5. Auction - OS/2, Linux Compatible print server

6. Search for Arabic in Frontpage Search component

7. Print servers and printing in general

8. satellites assemblies fail to load on just this server

9. Warp Server and TCP/IP Print server

10. Printing from OS/2 client to Solaris 2.3 print server

11. NT as a Print Server in an OS/2 Warp Server domain

12. Warp Server & TCP/IP Print Server

13. Printing to a Print Server