weasel filtering

Post by Dave Savill » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 04:56:31

Anyone got weasel filtering to forward an email? I can trap the mail,
change the names file and exit code 1 as per the docs but the message
disappears with nothing in the log.

The author does not respond to my emails.

TIA

Regards

Dave Saville

NB switch saville for nospam in address

weasel filtering

Post by Peter Moyl » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:19:56

>Anyone got weasel filtering to forward an email? I can trap the mail,
>change the names file and exit code 1 as per the docs but the message
>disappears with nothing in the log.

>The author does not respond to my emails.

Sorry about the lack of response.  I can't find any e-mail from you,
so it is possible that something in your mail is triggering my
employer's anti-junk filter.  (Which probably needs updating, because
by now only about 20% of my mail isn't junk.  Maybe the filter has
been switched to letting through the junk and blocking the
legitimate mail.)

I'll do a test of that filtering scenario to see whether it's
broken.  Meanwhile, could you please send me a test e-mail
(address below) to see whether it arrives?  If I don't
acknowledge it, say so in this newsgroup and I'll have a talk
to my postmaster.

--

http://eepjm.newcastle.edu.au (OS/2 and eCS information and software)

weasel filtering

Test mail sent two minutes ago.

Post by John Poltora » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 18:46:36

>Anyone got weasel filtering to forward an email? I can trap the mail,
>change the names file and exit code 1 as per the docs but the message
>disappears with nothing in the log.

You could always give sendmail a try which will provide a means of
filtering via procmail - the mother of all filtering programs...  You
might even be able to get milter working which will enable the use of
apps like MIMEDefang...

Quote:>Regards

>Dave Saville

>NB switch saville for nospam in address

--
John

1. Weasel 1.60 supports multiple domain hosting

The long-awaited multidomain version of the Weasel mail
server has finally been released.  You can get it from

        http://eepjm.newcastle.edu.au/os2/weasel.html

or from

        ftp://eepjm.newcastle.edu.au/software/weasel160.zip

or by searching for Weasel at BMT Micro or Hobbes.

For those who don't know it, Weasel is a mail server for
OS/2 and eCS that supports the SMTP and POP3
protocols.  It is sufficiently scalable to support anything
from a small home network to a good-sized office.  The
multidomain feature allows you to be the mail service
provider to multiple clients.

Effective immediately, Weasel has become two separate
products, although with a common physical packaging.
The "Pro" version supports multiple mail domains and
has compulsory registration.  The "Standard" version is
less expensive but permits only one domain.  As before,
registration of the "Standard" version is optional.

Existing Weasel users should upgrade to this version even
if they don't want the multidomain support, because there
are improvements over older versions that are applicable
whether or not you enable the multidomain feature.

--

http://eepjm.newcastle.edu.au (OS/2 and eCS information and software)

2. problem:run ssh via a cgi script on apache

3. Weasel 1.30 & 1.31 sys 2070 when I try to start *.exe

4. XML and ADO

5. wenham filter ON

6. Difference in Excel OLE from Notes R$ <-> R5

7. Software life (was Re: Word97 filters...)

8. Delegate GPO Admin to a user

9. pronews - filter/copy mails to MailForMe

10. Net Filter for OS/2?

11. Creating complex filter in PMMail....

12. netscape 4.61 spam filters

13. Word6 filter failure