creating BOOTOS2 diskettes

Post by Larry Bissel » Sun, 27 May 2001 02:01:59

Hi:

I want to create the twin BOOTOS2 diskettes.
I have reviewed Oliver Rick's website which explains how.

When I try to do a command line dir listing  of drive C, OS2KRNL is not
listed.
When I open a window of drive C, OS2KRNL is listed and I drag and drop
it to disk a.
Why is this?

When I do a command line DIR listing and open a window of drive C,
OS2LDR.MSG
is not listed. But if I do a search it is. It must be a hidden file. How
do I copy it to the diskette?

regards,
LL Bissell

creating BOOTOS2 diskettes

Post by Herbert Rosen » Sun, 27 May 2001 22:36:56

Quote:> Hi:

> I want to create the twin BOOTOS2 diskettes.
> I have reviewed Oliver Rick's website which explains how.

type

help attrib

--
Tschau/Bye
        Herbert

               Member 53 of Team OS/2 Germany
FIDONET : 2:2476/493  Maillbox : 49-7273-93072 analog + ISDN
Homepage: http://www.dv-rosenau.de/       home of SQED/32:
http://www.sqed.de

OS/2 is the more effective way to utilize your computer.

Post by paul marwi » Mon, 28 May 2001 05:11:54

> When I try to do a command line dir listing  of drive C, OS2KRNL is not
> listed.
> When I open a window of drive C, OS2KRNL is listed and I drag and drop
> it to disk a.
> Why is this?

> When I do a command line DIR listing and open a window of drive C,
> OS2LDR.MSG
> is not listed. But if I do a search it is. It must be a hidden file. How
> do I copy it to the diskette?

Both files have read-only and system attributes set. As a result, a
normal Dir listing won't show them. Using the /as switch will allow Dir
to list them.

To copy them, enter 'attrib -r -s <filename>' (without the quotes) from
the command line. Remember to reset the attributes when you're
finished..

paul.

--
paul marwick - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK
remove the numbers for e-mail