Resource font from DLL?

Post by Les Nove » Sat, 04 Jun 1994 02:08:00

I am writing a WPS program. This program requires a special custom font
with some custom symbols. I imagine the proper way to use the font is
to specify it in my .RC file, then call GpiLoadFonts when I need the
font. Unfortunately, GpiLoadFonts seems unable (as far as I can tell)
to load font resources from a DLL. I can't seem to find another function
capable of doing this. Can anyone help?

I have considered two alternatives:
1. GpiLoadFonts can load a font, given a path the a font filename. This seems
undesirable in an object, where the object should be a self-contained
entity which (for the most part) does not rely upon underlying disk structure.
2. I could load the font public at install. Problem with this is that
the font has special symbols and characters that really shouldn't be public
and wouldn't be useful to normal users.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks for your help...
Les Novell
DataMirage Software

PS: Please CC a copy to my email address

1. PE2LX and resource only dll

Hi,

I have found the followin problems using PE2LX:

1) pe2lx.exe hangs when converting resource only dll (can send dll on
request)

2) kernel2.36 missing with comctl32 from Win95 distribution, solved
with NT4

3) applications that need mfc3* or msvcrt* doesn't run (crash in
mfc30.dll or msvcrt.dll)

4) seems that programs are unable to access registry

Running with Warp4 fixpak5.

        Yuri

2. Arnold

4. New England Palm Users Group Dec meeting

5. Accessing resources in DLL

6. error can't create database (error 13)

7. simple font in a resource question

8. Home made RC???

9. Using dialog resources from a DLL

10. VA C++ DLL Resource ?

11. Resource Only DLLs (is there a trick)

12. resources in a DLL with emx09a?

13. DLL Resource Problem