Guru question (maybe): LPT1 & DOS

Post by Gregg Le Bla » Wed, 04 May 1994 03:19:50

I've been trying my darndest to get a MOD player for DOS to work for OS/2
in either a windowed or full screen session.  I've gotten it to work now,
and I can tell because the CPU usage goes up, but no sound comes out.
Here's the catch:

I'm using an LPT1 COVOX adaptor that leads to a set of amped speakers.

Ok here's the question:

How can I get the thing to play out of LPT1?  I have tweaked most all of
the settings in the DOS session to no avail (I finally got it so it
wouldn't crash the system today).  Is there a different MOD player to try
(DMPlay won't run due to no device for a COVOX...).  I'm using (or
trying to use) Multiplay.

So is there a solution?  Is it because of the printer driver?  If I remove
it or select another one will it work?

Why isn't there a MMPM device for an LPT1 COVOX?  People don't use their
printers ALL the time... besides I have a notebook, what the else am
I supposed to use?  The Pee Cee beeper?
[maniacal laughter enuses] HAHAHAHAHA!!!  ;-)

Sorry...

Please help kill this problem!  It really irks me right at this moment....

Thanks very much for any help!!!!

TTFN
Gregg

    __

\\X/ Purveyor of Flannel No.5,Canada's finest cologne,at lumberyards near you!

1. LPT1 or LPT1.OS2 for DOS apps?

:>
:>I know one should print to LPT1.OS2 in Win-OS/2 for better
:>multitasking performance.  What about for regular DOS applications
:>that let you specify the device to print to?  I tried LPT1.OS2 in
:>WordPerfect 5.1 and the job printed, but would like some advice on
:>whether this is a smart thing to do--_Warp Unleashed_ only talked
:>about the .OS2 devices in conjunction with Windows.  Thanks!

For what it is worth I can tell you that I could only get the printing in WP
5.1 to work if I printed to LPT1.OS2. I think it is the right thing to doo
but maybe somebody with some more hard facts can fill in here.

Per M. Hansen
University of Roskilde
Denmark

2. Winsock errors and Internet browsing

3. multitasking & speed: question for os/2 Guru?

4. COBOL FAQ

5. Q: LPT2 -> LPT1, bypassing LPT1 Driver

6. Netmeeting - Remote desktop sharing GREYED OUT

7. How to make LPT1 into LPT1.OS2???

8. How to code for download a file when cliked on the download button or image

9. LPT1 vs. LPT1.OS2 on WIN-OS2 printer driver setup

10. EPM (maybe 6.0...maybe earlier)

11. APM. Maybe, maybe not...

12. Ultimal refresh inbox, maybe, maybe not

13. Quattro Pro DOS + LPT1.OS2