OS/2 2.1 and OS/2 warp connect API differences

OS/2 2.1 and OS/2 warp connect API differences

Post by Sumana Madhusudha » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

We are developing an applicaiton on OS/2 warp connect using Visualage
for C++ and we are also supposed to run it on OS/2 2.1.

What could be the differences in APIs in terms of compatibilty?

Also I want to know about any other compatibility problems.

Regards.

OS/2 2.1 and OS/2 warp connect API differences

Post by Cindy Ro » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>We are developing an applicaiton on OS/2 warp connect using Visualage
>for C++ and we are also supposed to run it on OS/2 2.1.

>What could be the differences in APIs in terms of compatibilty?

<clip>

There are some APIs in WARP that didn't exist in 2.1,
but unfortunately I have never seen a list...

(These opinions are just mine, I only represent myself, etc.)

1. Difference between OS/2 Warp and Warp Connect

Hi there, I would like to know that's the difference between Warp and
Warp Connect. My concern is: I cannot find any networking support in
Warp package, however, I really need to run OS/2 with IPX as well as
TCP/IP on top. From books, I was told that Warp Connect can do the job.
However, my boss would like to know is there anyware to upgrade the Warp
version so that we don't need to trash the Warp Package and buy the
Connect package. Pointer to any resource which might help is welcome.

- Joe

2. LG Electronics' HPC on CNN

3. OS/2 2.0 vs OS/2 2.1 : Differences in DOS/Windows compatibility

4. Please pick 1, Halo 2, or Doom 3?

5. OS/2 2.1 - Warp 4 API changes

6. over clocking

7. Whats the difference between OS/2 2.1 versions?

8. automatically inserting a doclink

9. OS/2 2.0 & 2.1 differences

10. difference between OS/2 warp server and OS/2 warp 4..

11. Connecting OS/2 (2.1 and Warp) to Windows NT server

12. difference between OS/2 warp server and OS/2 warp 4..